Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

She wants space I give it to her and she wants my attention. I am perplexed

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2017, 6:06 PM   #16
Established Member
Be interested in other things. It's good you gave her space. Maybe she's not ready for another relationship yet. Maybe she has a low tolerance to stress. Maybe her behavior is showing you 'red flags' and maybe she's not the one for you. Be honest, mature and treat her with respect and honor. Forgive anything that she has done. Be at peace and hopefully you both can share each other's expectations which is important for a trusting, long-term relationship.
rickwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 1:16 AM   #17
Established Member
Life is too short to spend chasing someone that wants to be friends when it is convenient for them. Especially if you are trying to bang her.

Move on and delete this one from your life. Sounds like she will throw out just enough crumbs to keep you orbiting until someone else tickles her fancy for awhile...then she'll be back wanting you in orbit.

This routine gets old very fast. Abort the mission. Return to base.
I promise henceforth, to be nice....until the time that I'm not so nice again. Then I'll be nice again for a brief period of time.
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 7:39 AM   #18
Established Member
In dating you tend only to get one chance.
It works, great.
It doesn't work, it is the end.

Here things are slightly complicated in that you were friends first, but the principle still holds.
It didn't work, it is the end.

You may or may not pick up the friendship, but as you have "feelings" for her it is best if you just move on. Women are often quite happy having platonic male friends who are orbiters or rejected lovers, so this will be no big deal for her, but if you want "more", best if you just stay away.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote