A girl and I had a bad falling out a month and a half ago and she is acting weird.

stupidteenagedrama

stupidteenagedrama

There is a lot of background for this one, don't be afraid to take notes!

Background

We were close friends and she knew that I liked her a lot and I told her that I wanted to be friends (I just enjoyed being around her and that turned into the feelings I have now). She and I had a bit of banter about it, some teasing but nothing much. She slapped my ass once but yeah, not much else.

She broke up with her ex over the summer and got with a new guy before I told her. Her ex had given me **** about her before because we were close.

Last month, a guy (still don't know who) set up a fake snapchat account of her boyfriend and began sending me photos of her to me from her Facebook. I told her thinking it was her boyfriend.

We figured out within minutes that it wasn't him and she began to ask if it was just me messing. She asked me to text the account and I asked her to do the same.

Then it turned out that one of the photos that was sent to me was sent before she put it up on Facebook. I remember that photo being somewhere before it was sent to me. She was adamant that it wasn't and that I was lying.

I got annoyed and told her to tell me to move on from her as "nothing was going to happen between us anyway" and she said that "isn't really on topic."

I said it was for me to move on from her and she "didn't know what to say." I asked her to "honestly say what she thought of me, I feel terrible for dragging this **** out for so long and I just feel depressed about the whole thing."

She said that I was a friend and there was no need to feel depressed, she then continued to blame me, I blamed her to try to get back as I was pissed. I then said that we should go our separate ways and that I hoped she was happy.

I then sent her the screenshot with the time stamp and she still "wasn't convinced."

We completely ignored eachother for the next few days and I took a few days off as it affected me so badly. I told my parents and they said to leave it until anything else happened.

That weekend, the fake account texted me back, "Why'd you have to tell her it was all fun and games [school nickname]."

I got my parents and I texted the girl again, she gave me "one last chance" to admit to doing it and she could "understand why" and that she "told [her] mum and is going to the police and if it's [me] I'd rather you don't get into trouble over all of it so can you just tell me now? I won't be angry"

I told her that I told my parents too and they were willing to talk to her parents and the school about it. She asked "why the school" and I said that "we are both students and the other person is clearly in the school" she then went back to blaming me.

My parents and I tried to arrange a call but she kept side stepping that. We realized that she probably hadn't told her parents.

I gave my mum's number. Her mum "didn't want to talk tonight" and I said that "it can happen tomorrow at 5 when my mum is free then." She tried to get me to admit to it again and to delete the account.

I said that we would have to go to the school if her mum didn't call.

About 30 minutes later (enough time to explain), she called and her mum basically kept blaming me. A meeting was arranged but my mum didn't want to do it so we called the school the next day.

The principal came to my house and I told him everything. He called the other family and got that side sorted out. I talked to the senior school head (so did the girl) and they were fantastic. They asked me to compile screenshots and anything else that was sent. I also told the school about prank calls I had gotten pretending to be the girl's ex and they relayed that and the screenshots to the family.

It went from hostile ignoring to awkward ignoring. We gave eachother space.

They coincided the last meeting with before half term. It was the principal, senior school head, myself and my mum.

They had also talked to the other family and got all of the really ugly bits sorted out between us without us being in the same room.

Police got involved but couldn't do anything due to it being Snapchat.

She blocked me on social media, I only noticed as I was about to do the same. It was the day of the last meeting and it was weird that she even still had me.

We didn't see eachother over half term and when we got back, it was really awkward but we politely ignored eachother. The senior school head has checked in on me a few times and still does.

Her weird behavior

So, about a week after getting back, I notice her looking at me. She was full on staring and looking really sad, I look at her and she looks away.

She continues to randomly look at me over the next few weeks. Sometimes just an eye flick, other times a full on stare. She sometimes looks depressed, sometimes smiles and other times regretful. When she walks into a room, she flicks her eyes towards me. When she walks past me, looks at me out of the sides of her eyes and down.

I remember a few times quite vividly.

* talking to a friend in class and she glanced at me, looking concerned.

*Sitting and waiting for class and I look up and she is looking regretful while looking at me.

*I was walking into a classroom and I looked over my shoulder to see her staring at me frowning sadly.

Those are only a few examples, if she walks past me, she looks down and towards me pretty much every time or looks straight ahead.

We would also sometimes randomly make eye contact but one of us would break it off. I also stopped to let her and a friend through a door first and she tried to say thanks but it came out a squeak and she didn't know where to put her hands.

She also flicks her hair an awful lot or rubs her legs or something when I'm around.

I began to think that she thought I hated her so I decided to break the ice (We hadn't spoken in a month). Luckily, this week it was announced that she was given an art prize. I just had to say well done.

By chance, when me and my friend got to English that day, the only 2 seats were beside the girl and her friend. I sat beside the girl and said nothing to her until the end of class until I said "well done for the art" casually.

She literally froze, looked away, composed herself and turned, looked me in the eyes and said "thank you" after a few seconds. She said it quietly and softly in a low tone if that makes sense.

From then on, she looked at me with regret and I have noticed her looking at me out of the corner of her eyes while looking at my chest.

Her friends have also been a bit weird. They were cold back when it was happening but they smile at me again now. They kept smiling at me when she got the award presented to her. Some of her friends avoid me too. It's weird. The whole thing is.

If you have any questions, just ask. It's a bad summary for what it is but it has all the base facts.

Waaaaayyyyy too much drama. The minute you had to involve your parents, the school & most of all the police, there is no going back. This girl is trouble. She doesn't trust you. She thinks the worst about you & she's willing to get you in trouble for somebody else's mistakes. If you don't hate her, you should. Stay away.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
Waaaaayyyyy too much drama. The minute you had to involve your parents, the school & most of all the police, there is no going back. This girl is trouble. She doesn't trust you. She thinks the worst about you & she's willing to get you in trouble for somebody else's mistakes. If you don't hate her, you should. Stay away.

I was told that they went to the police first. Only 2 policemen were involved and they both said they couldn't do anything. One for each family as we live in different towns.

She said she didn't want me to get into trouble and following meetings with the school, it is clear that she now realizes that it isn't me and feels sorry. But is really really embarrassed. I just want to know why she and her friends keep looking at me.

How old are you two?

I don’t understand why such a big deal was made about a fake Snapchat account, but now that it’s resolved, stop thinking about it and move on. Because you had a crush on her that wasn’t reciprocated, you think that her looks must mean something. I don’t think they mean anything…and truth be told, you wouldn’t be aware of all these looks if you weren’t also looking at her. And who knows what expression is on your face while you’re doing so. From her viewpoint, she may be thinking why is he always looking at me with a sad look on his face?

Anyway, there’s no way forward from this…I don’t believe you can ever be friends again and she never felt romantic feelings for you. Polite strangers is your relationship now.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
How old are you two?

I don’t understand why such a big deal was made about a fake Snapchat account, but now that it’s resolved, stop thinking about it and move on. Because you had a crush on her that wasn’t reciprocated, you think that her looks must mean something. I don’t think they mean anything…and truth be told, you wouldn’t be aware of all these looks if you weren’t also looking at her. And who knows what expression is on your face while you’re doing so. From her viewpoint, she may be thinking why is he always looking at me with a sad look on his face?

Anyway, there’s no way forward from this…I don’t believe you can ever be friends again and she never felt romantic feelings for you. Polite strangers is your relationship now.

god why is everyone so pessimistic on this forum...

As you grow up and mature, you’re going to learn that sometimes the truth hurts.

Hopefully, you’ll also learn that when someone gives you the advice that you’ve asked for the polite thing to do is say thanks even if you don’t like what you hear.

• Like 1

I'm alos trying to understand why the police and school were involved. Were they nude or topless photos? If so, it was right of you to let adults know what apwas going on.

However, if they weren't inappropriate photos, then you've very much overstepped your mark and put her off.

healing light

Alright, I actually think this chick might have liked you or maybe still does.

Buutttt, that was some weird ****. Police, school, parents?? Damn!! Why?! I actually initially thought it was her who made that account and sent you that crap to feel you out. If it wasn't, it was someone who she corresponds with or who has hacking ability because they sent you a pic that wasn't on social media yet, according to your time stamp (unless it was posted on another account you didn't notice?).

This whole thing is weird. I feel like it's her move next... to apologize or mend things. She already knew how you felt at one point and you didn't do anything wrong, so... I feel like the ball is in her court. Especially since technically rejected you, too.

If your parents, the police & the school hadn't been involved, I'd be more optimistic about your ability to muddle through this teenaged morass. Once they had to get involved, you are best apart.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
I'm alos trying to understand why the police and school were involved. Were they nude or topless photos? If so, it was right of you to let adults know what apwas going on.

However, if they weren't inappropriate photos, then you've very much overstepped your mark and put her off.

She wanted to find out aswell so police were contacted to find out and school was contacted for mediation. Cant have two families argue at each other and achieve nothing

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
If your parents, the police & the school hadn't been involved, I'd be more optimistic about your ability to muddle through this teenaged morass. Once they had to get involved, you are best apart.

She was much worse before the school got involved as she thought it was me. The school made her realise her mistake.

She was weird this week. She kept looking and smiling at me but if I made eye contact, she would look a bit shocked and look down awkwardly. Sometimes she kept smiling to herself. One time she was full on staring with a (seductive???) Look on her face when I was talking to her friend beside her and when I glanced, she fixed her hair and leaned foward in her seat.

If we walk past eachother or are in close proximity she just pulls a poker face and do I.

Thanks for all the help so far.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
Alright, I actually think this chick might have liked you or maybe still does.

Buutttt, that was some weird ****. Police, school, parents?? Damn!! Why?! I actually initially thought it was her who made that account and sent you that crap to feel you out. If it wasn't, it was someone who she corresponds with or who has hacking ability because they sent you a pic that wasn't on social media yet, according to your time stamp (unless it was posted on another account you didn't notice?).

This whole thing is weird. I feel like it's her move next... to apologize or mend things. She already knew how you felt at one point and you didn't do anything wrong, so... I feel like the ball is in her court. Especially since technically rejected you, too.

I think it may of been sent in a group chat or something. She really danced around rejecting me aswell, even though I asked her to straight out.

Read my last post for how she acted this week. But to sum it up, shes been shy.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama
She was much worse before the school got involved as she thought it was me. The school made her realise her mistake.

She was weird this week. She kept looking and smiling at me but if I made eye contact, she would look a bit shocked and look down awkwardly. Sometimes she kept smiling to herself. One time she was full on staring with a (seductive???) Look on her face when I was talking to her friend beside her and when I glanced, she fixed her hair and leaned foward in her seat.

If we walk past eachother or are in close proximity she just pulls a poker face and do I.

Just to add some information that I forgot.

When a teacher was talking about alerting them to people who are depressed she turned around and looked at me. When I glanced up she looked down and to the side looking a bit distressed.

She was also throwing stuff at her friend and hit me by accident, looked shocked and said a sincere sorry while doing a weird wave thing.

• Author
stupidteenagedrama

Just to add some information that I forgot.

When a teacher was talking about alerting them to people who are depressed she turned around and looked at me. When I glanced up she looked down and to the side looking a bit distressed.

She was also throwing stuff at her friend and hit me by accident, looked shocked and said a sincere sorry while doing a weird wave thing.