LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

friend's girlfriend likes me too much and I like her too much aswell

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2017, 8:05 AM   #16
Established Member

I'd tell your friend about her advances. He should know that she is likely to cheat on him with someone, but it isn't going to be you. If he continues with her despite this, it's his choice. And if he breaks up, stay away from her, because she'd cheat on you eventually - and you'd lose a good friend.
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 12:15 AM   #17

There are only two things I can see happening here since you don't seem to want to establish boundaries with this girl even though you know she is your friend's gf.

Two things likely to happen

1. She breaks up with him, monkey branches over to you and dates you (you will lose your friend)
2. She stays with him and you become her side dude. (more likely to happen because it seems that no matter what she is saying to you, she doesn't intend on breaking up with her bf, your friend).

Although both options suck, one is the lesser of two evils. Make your choice.

OR you could choose to opt out and tell his girl you shouldn't be alone with hier anymore but I have a feeling you're not going to follow that advice.
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 12:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboy91 View Post
Then why doesn't she just split up with him now? It's wrong of her to string him along like that.
Probably likes the attention.
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 3:26 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCrunchy View Post
There are only two things I can see happening here since you don't seem to want to establish boundaries with this girl even though you know she is your friend's gf.

Two things likely to happen

1. She breaks up with him, monkey branches over to you and dates you (you will lose your friend)
2. She stays with him and you become her side dude. (more likely to happen because it seems that no matter what she is saying to you, she doesn't intend on breaking up with her bf, your friend).

Although both options suck, one is the lesser of two evils. Make your choice.

OR you could choose to opt out and tell his girl you shouldn't be alone with hier anymore but I have a feeling you're not going to follow that advice.
i chose the 3rd option. She asked me friday to talk in private somewhere but I made clear that we are not seeing eachother anymore and that we need to forget this whole story.

It's obvious that she likes me a lot. But she rather has a safe shelter with my buddy then jumping in the unknown with one if his friends. I guess she is going to leave him when she finds another ( not me ) interesting partner.
I'm not going to tell him about this ( I feel very bad about this ), but many mutual friends know it, so one day the bomb will explode...

My feelings for her are allmost completely gone. I'm even going for a serious date next week with an amazing girl. So much looking forward to that.

Thank you everybody for the replies. This forum stays amazing.

I hope this is my last post in this topic ( allthough deep inside I have that feeling that this will continue somewhere the day she breaks up with him )
gimlynick is offline   Reply With Quote