The Next Step

TheBlingRing14

TheBlingRing14

He was in town on business, and our paths crossed. I met him in the hotel lounge, and we hit it off immediately. Not in a sexual way. Not in a chemistry way. But, the conversation was very easy. We were almost finishing each other's thoughts. I would ask him if he had been to a certain place and he had, and vice versa. So, as I said...the conversation was very easy. We probably could have spent a couple hours just chatting.

But, we didn't.

When he asked, "Should we head upstairs?" I agreed without hesitation. It felt natural, we were getting along so well. As we moved to the elevators, the easy conversation continued, about something or another. I stood on one end of the elevator, while he pressed the button. When the doors closed, before I could ask him anything else, his lips were on mine.

Spontaneous and bold, it was unexpected and very much enjoyed. He was a great kisser, and I tried my best to match him. He pulled away seconds before the door opened, and faced the door as if nothing had happened, while I am certain I was beet red. My mind raced, and I immediately started scanning for cameras. I also found myself wondering what he would have done if the door had opened anywhere between the ground floor and his.

I followed him to his room, and I barely had my jacket off before he was kissing me again. I was expecting to talk a little more, get to know each other better, but the way his lips moved against mine, it was all over. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bed. To feel his hands all over my body, so gentle yet so sure...it left me weak in the knees. The way he whispered how sexy I am into my ear was magic. We continued to explore each other, mostly him me, and then in a brave moment, he reached into the nightstand and pulled out a condom.

He put the ball in my court, and I wanted to, I really did. But ultimately, I decided against it. A few weeks back, I decided I was going to start doing the casual thing. I was tired of the right moment, the right guy, the right this, the right that. I wanted to just...enjoy my life. This was my chance to do it. And...I couldn't pull the trigger. Not then, anyway.

He wants to see me again. And, I want to see him. And, I do want to have sex. Just for fun, casual sex. I don't know if my hesitation is my inner Jiminy telling me I shouldn't do it, or just normal nerves that I just need to push past.

Help me make that next step.

While this could very well be your inner conscience saying something casual isn't for you — which, btw, is fine — it's also not easy jumping into something casual, not for everyone. There will be butterflies, it can feel a little risky (emotionally, etc.), but that feeling doesn't necessarily mean what you're about to pursue is a red flag. Anxiety is normal. I say, see him again, but don't put expectations on the evening. See how you feel, go with the flow, have a drink, and if you want, go slice by slice. Or, if you want, have the whole cake. Just jump in – that feeling can heighten tension in a great way. (And all of this is assuming you're sure you're not feeling something more.)