LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Anyone been in a non physical FWB?

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 7:04 PM   #16
Established Member

Oh I can relate so much here! The 'break up' of such friendships is pure torture because in contrast to regular relationships, usually there is nothing sinister to provoke it ...

I still think about the one that stayed in my life the longest. I always will. He knows all my secrets and I know all of his We were so in tune and so complementary ... But the situation never allowed for more. When we parted ways I remember crying on the bathroom floor in the dark under the running water... It was terribly panful. Actually we never managed to completely 'detach' although we took completely different paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
i get this. i have been in one. it goes a bit beyond being a close friendship because there is a true intimacy there and probably some physical attraction from both people but for some reason it doesn't get farther, or one person might reject it and keep it platonic. at one point i thought my FWB, without the sex, would escalate, but by being so very close i could see the person would never make a great partner. we ended our relationship earlier this year and it was very similar to a break-up. but, ultimately, the male wanted more and i just didn't feel the same so we decided (after 2 years) to just part ways. it's weird though b/c there is someone out there with all my secrets the movie The Mirror Has Two Faces (an older rom-com) tackles this subject very well. i won't spoil it, but the lead characters decide to stay in a platonic marriage from the beginning.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote