LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

work and relation

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Old 30th October 2017, 7:44 PM   #1

work and relation

hi

so i m 32 years old single and i joined this company 4 months ago.
due to company;s work we went to different branch when i meet this guy, some kind of attraction happen there,but then after nothing i was busy at work and i forget about it.

although we used to IM each other due to work , and somehow i noticed he used to ask me personal que also , he is very friendly with all people and he kind of like to know about people.

he asked me things like when u r going for vacation?what is weekend plan, used to wish me in some festival.one day he just ping me and told any good news?

so i was also enjoying and we used to have fun ,altough we never meet after that.

now our work is related so one day he came to my office and sit besides me ,and he used to talk with me about lot of things and tried to know me better.

now i cant stop thinking about him although i also know we might have lot of age difference and also we work together.

but is this indicate that he is interested in me or it just casual conversation?

how do i know is anything from his side?
name123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 12:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by name123 View Post
hi

so i m 32 years old single and i joined this company 4 months ago.
due to company;s work we went to different branch when i meet this guy, some kind of attraction happen there,but then after nothing i was busy at work and i forget about it.

although we used to IM each other due to work , and somehow i noticed he used to ask me personal que also , he is very friendly with all people and he kind of like to know about people.

he asked me things like when u r going for vacation?what is weekend plan, used to wish me in some festival.one day he just ping me and told any good news?

so i was also enjoying and we used to have fun ,altough we never meet after that.

now our work is related so one day he came to my office and sit besides me ,and he used to talk with me about lot of things and tried to know me better.

now i cant stop thinking about him although i also know we might have lot of age difference and also we work together.

but is this indicate that he is interested in me or it just casual conversation?

how do i know is anything from his side?
This can be very tricky. On one hand, he is just being friendly and wants to get to know you but on the other hand, it can also mean that he is interested that's why he would like to get to know you more.

My advice is to just get to know each other first and don't assume anything! Assumptions make everything worse. Just because he's talking to you doesn't mean that he wants to go out with you. Sometimes it just really means that he wants to talk to you and get to know you more.
zyxwvbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 12:47 AM   #3
Established Member

In my case I made the first move once and the girls made the second two. They simply asked me out to lunch and the talk turned to sex. All I can say is that it never ends well. A jilted boy or girlfriend can get very vengeful regardless of the circumstances and at a minimum make going to work a very awkward situation where one of you will end up quitting.