LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

I girl I liked was smiling at me and when I smiled back, she stopped.

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Steve51

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2017, 5:18 PM   #1

I girl I liked was smiling at me and when I smiled back, she stopped.

She knows I like her, has a boyfriend but has shown signs of attraction. I told her I liked her after she got a bf as I didn't know. She didn't tell me about the bf, I just stumbled into them toghether and she seemed quite embarrassed.

The texts were about me telling her I liked her and I thought I made her uncomfortable because of her past relationship where her ex spread rumours about me about that I made her really uncomfortable. She said that I shouldn't be silly about that and to ignore her ex. I didn't ask her out and she didn't comment on me liking her.

She can be flirty and playful with me, she has slapped my ass a few times and teases me about me liking her every once in a while.

An example of the teasing would be when there was some drama about the girl's ex snogging her best friend and I snapped her the next day and we agreed it was only a kiss. She said "you know yourself" with a flirty expression.

She is shy around me in school. Sometimes she smiles at me and other times she looks down when walking past me and other times she actually stops smiling when I smile at her.

She also looks at me quite a bit and sometimes licks her lips.
I honestly have no clue what she is getting at. Help me.
throwaway1224ep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 5:39 PM   #2
Established Member

My wife smiled at me and when I smile back she stopped and turned her head away from me. 3 weeks later we were engaged and are married 45 years this month. Most girls will stop smiling when you look at them or look away. They do not want to appear too easy.

I lost a fiancé and a live in girlfriend to other guys, so a woman's relationship status does not always form a barrier to others she may be attracted to. Most of our wives and girlfriends had boyfriends before. Except my wife. She never had a boyfriend and was a virgin at 19 when I met her. She was so different than the experienced girls I used to date that I fell in love with her instantly. Plus she is under 5' tall and brings out the protective side in me. A sweet little woman untouched by other men. She was the only girl I ever dated like that and 45 years later we still are madly in love. So go for it. You never know what will happen.
Old 10th October 2017, 5:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve51 View Post
My wife smiled at me and when I smile back she stopped and turned her head away from me. 3 weeks later we were engaged and are married 45 years this month. Most girls will stop smiling when you look at them or look away. They do not want to appear too easy.

I lost a fiancé and a live in girlfriend to other guys, so a woman's relationship status does not always form a barrier to others she may be attracted to. Most of our wives and girlfriends had boyfriends before. Except my wife. She never had a boyfriend and was a virgin at 19 when I met her. She was so different than the experienced girls I used to date that I fell in love with her instantly. Plus she is under 5' tall and brings out the protective side in me. A sweet little woman untouched by other men. She was the only girl I ever dated like that and 45 years later we still are madly in love. So go for it. You never know what will happen.
That's such a sweet story!
throwaway1224ep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 6:25 PM   #4
Established Member

She has a boyfriend, so she's either a tease or she's cheating on her boyfriend, neither of which you should want.
Old 29th October 2017, 9:11 AM   #5
Established Member

She may like you but not enough to break up with her BF. So she smiled at you but looked away when she got caught because she has no desire to cheat & is trying to keep her distance.

If she breaks up with the BF, then you can ask her out. Until then, stop trying to read tea leaves; there is nothing here.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 11:52 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve51 View Post

Do you think she was different because she was a Virgin? Also, how did you know she was the one in 3 weeks? Do you think it’s because back then times were different? Do you think you would have gotten engaged fast in today’s generation?

And congrats on 45 years!
BlueIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwaway1224ep View Post
She knows I like her, has a boyfriend but has shown signs of attraction. I told her I liked her after she got a bf as I didn't know. She didn't tell me about the bf, I just stumbled into them toghether and she seemed quite embarrassed.

The texts were about me telling her I liked her and I thought I made her uncomfortable because of her past relationship where her ex spread rumours about me about that I made her really uncomfortable. She said that I shouldn't be silly about that and to ignore her ex. I didn't ask her out and she didn't comment on me liking her.

She can be flirty and playful with me, she has slapped my ass a few times and teases me about me liking her every once in a while.

An example of the teasing would be when there was some drama about the girl's ex snogging her best friend and I snapped her the next day and we agreed it was only a kiss. She said "you know yourself" with a flirty expression.

She is shy around me in school. Sometimes she smiles at me and other times she looks down when walking past me and other times she actually stops smiling when I smile at her.

She also looks at me quite a bit and sometimes licks her lips.
I honestly have no clue what she is getting at. Help me.
Do you really want this girl? She has a man and she’s smacking your ass. She doesn’t have any respect for her relationship. So, if you guys become an item, she may do the same to you.

Anyway, I think she’ is just flirting for an ego boost or looking for a side dude.
BlueIvy is offline   Reply With Quote