Either she likes me or....

So to preface, I am 35 and she is 25. I am sort of new to this dating situation I am in because I typically just hang out and have fun with people, and usually I end up dating friends I make due to similar likes and interests rather than meeting people online or randomly. I am not the best at reading signs as I am just recently learning how to be seriously social for the first time due to being in very long term relationships and being introverted. Not to sound narcissistic but I have never really needed to know this. So I need some opinions. That being said...

I go out on meet ups with people I know at least once a week. For the last 3 or so meet ups this girl I am now interested in shows up. She is very extroverted and seems to be comfortable around just about anyone.

The first night I met her we were all drinking. I am a big fan of dancing and have been told by many people I am pretty good. Because of this I am confident once I am on a dance floor. So when I start dancing, I spot the girl I am interested in and make no hesitation to dance with her. When we dance it's very close club grinding kind of dancing and she seems very comfortable with me. I think nothing of it as she seems to be that way naturally. She, a female friend of mine, and I go outside at the end of the night and we exchange numbers. I text her the next day with a "great to meet you" kind of text and leave it at that. She replies the same and I go about my day.

The following week we all meet up again for a drinking and dancing. Again this girl shows up but brings her female friend along. We hang out and have some food. We drink, eat, then hit a club to go dancing. Again she is very comfortable with me, and we dance pretty dirty like. I don't think much of it as she dances pretty freaky on a few other randos. Later in the night she and I dance again and I start realizing how she is looking at me. "I am going to tear you apart in the bedroom" kind of look. I lock eyes with her because (again when on the dance floor and I act like I own the place) so I don't back down. She comes in close to me and peck kisses me on the mouth a few times. I keep my cool and keep dancing. She and her friend uber home due to being pretty drunk. Again I sent a text saying "great seeing you again lets do dinner this week just us." She replies along the lines of " lemme check my schedule". I hear nothing back all week. Again I think nothing of it, maybe she was just drunk and touchy feely.

The following week after that in our group text she mentions her and her friend are playing games at the local arcade. She mentions for people to come out so a few of us show up. Turns out she's a huge gamer so I challenge her to a game. She wipes the floor with my ass without breaking a sweat. She seemed genuinely impressed with what I could do though, and not in a "im just being nice" kind of way. After everyone meets up at the arcade we take the crew downtown and again, drink and dance. But this time we don't drink as much. Again, she locks eyes with me while dancing and this time she starts grinding on me first thing. She keeps challenging me on the dance floor in other ways and I simply keep on my game of not backing down. It's all in tease. Throughout this night when a decision needed to be made she would always step up and ask me since "I was the man of the group". It was myself and 3 women. I used this as opportunities to make firm and quick decisions as I figured she was testing me. The way she talks to me and her body language at this point are indicative of someone who is attracted to me. As we are all walking around she asks me questions to get to know me better.

Finally after all is said and done we go back to my female friends house and finish the night drinking more and playing card games until the sun comes up. Throughout the night she says things that keep my attention. Mentioning that "there's a warm seat right here" next to her when I was just standing around in the living room, touching my leg and teasing me when I would win a round of our card game. Being sexually suggestive (really just in general) but looking at me when she is.

I get that she is into me. I can read that much. What I don't understand is she doesn't seem to be receptive when I text her. I asked her though text to have drinks and chat just us and she never got back to me. She doesn't really reply much when I try to strike up convos in text but she added me on facebook yesterday after I sent a request. Is she laying hard to get or maybe sizing me up?

I plan on outright asking her out the next time I see her. But I am not sure what to make of this. Thoughts?

To me, it seems like maybe she just likes the attention. Because her actions aren't consisent for someone who may like you. If I liked a man and he asked me out, even if I couldn't go or was busy, I would suggest an alternative date.

And even in the text, she could have texted you but texted everyone.

I would say give it one more go and sees if she sticks to the date. If she does, then she may like you but playing hard to get. If she brushes you off again, then she just likes the attention and not necessarily you.

• Like 2
  • Author
To me, it seems like maybe she just likes the attention. Because her actions aren't consistent for someone who may like you.

This is what I fear is the case. I've come to really dig this girl. She has way too many qualities that I love in a person on top of just being a fun outgoing person. But yes next time I am face to face with her I'm going to be direct.

• Like 1