LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Reading sign from girls.

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2017, 3:46 AM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
She wrote my name
You do love to make communication complicated! Lol!

A. Did she say 'Nick, please play this track with this dedication: 'Ring of Fire' 'For making me feel etc....'

Or

B. Was it Please play Ring of Fire with the message 'For Nick, for making me feel etc...'

If A. Then the dedication was not for you.

If B. Let's hope there are no other people who she knows named Nick - unless she used the latter and used your surname too.

If B. It could be a peace offering or a nudge for you to ask her out on an actual date.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 4:03 AM   #47
Established Member

It was a survey. And Nick isn't my real name. My name's not popular.

Question - Who song would you like to be played?
Answer - Ring of Fire.
Question - Who to?
Answer - Nick
Question - Why
Answer - For putting in a lot of effort into the dorm and making me feel welcomed
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 5:57 AM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
If B. It could be a peace offering or a nudge for you to ask her out on an actual date.
Then it's one of the above.

A peace offering for friendship or a nudge to ask her on an actual date instead of making it seem as if you want a late night hook up for sex.

Just be clear and not all cryptic with what you want.
Old 15th October 2017, 8:38 AM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
Honestly one final thing. I run a radio show at the uni, and I made a segment called love song dedications. I ran a survey asking people to dedicate a song to someone if they want. She dedicated the song "Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. She wrote "For putting in a lot of effort into the dorm and making me feel welcomed". Anything to read into that? Maybe she doesn't know I'm into her?
For Pete's sake:

The girl likes you! She is backing off because she went full steam ahead for you and you did nothing. Now you have stopped talking to her so she had concluded that you don't return her interest. She's embarrassed because she thinks she made a fool of herself coming on to you like that since you have done nothing.

This is a mess because you can't manage to speak to her sober & earlier in the day .

I'm beginning to believe that your screen name is accurate -- you are acting hopelessly. Until you take action by talking to her during the day while sober -- face to face and not through messenger or text -- nothing will ever change & you will lose your chance. ugh.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 10:38 AM   #50
Established Member

How do I talk to her if I have a feeling she doesn't want to even though I have no proof.
Old 16th October 2017, 10:54 PM   #51

Quote:
How do I talk to her if I have a feeling she doesn't want to even though I have no proof.
OMG
You listen to what she said with the music dedication to you.. So now go ask her out to the movies you two hangout at the pub always. All this waving at each other come on now make your move change your current paradox. You can get up enough nerve to ask her out. Your a radio DJ you talk always on the radio. No different talking to her. She rubs your shoulders hint she likes you. All this waving and you don't take her up on it..

Now get enough courage and go ask her out... We here in this thread are with you on this.. You are not alone mate/friend... Good luck and report back... Oh yes make sure she's not seeing someone before you do anything. To find that out is easy just say your boy friend is really lucky to have you has his girl friend? If she said what boy friend? Then you can say your name to her (nick) part. Only do that if she doesn't have boy friend. Do you see now where i am going with this with you?
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 11:59 PM   #52
Established Member

She doesn't wave anymore and seemed standoffish for a while and i haven't seen her since the sad wave.
Old 17th October 2017, 8:51 AM   #53
Established Member

There's no point anymore.

I was walking into my room and my other neighbour (who's also female) yelled out hi. Then i heard the neighbour talk about me because I'm sure I heard my name and my crush's name being said. I didn't really hear what was said, except the neighbour saying this sentence clearly. "How can you fall in love with someone that's not your type".

Thanks for all your help by the way guys.
Old 17th October 2017, 9:43 AM   #54
Established Member

she LIKES you! Take action

Quote:
There's no point anymore.

I was walking into my room and my other neighbour (who's also female) yelled out hi. Then i heard the neighbour talk about me because I'm sure I heard my name and my crush's name being said. I didn't really hear what was said, except the neighbour saying this sentence clearly. "How can you fall in love with someone that's not your type".

Thanks for all your help by the way guys.

Are you kidding?

Consider this post a proverbial 2 x 4. Now pay attention while I whack you upside the head with it.

THIS GIRL LIKES YOU!!!!!!!!

She stopped waving & talking to you because you stopped responding. She thinks you have rejected her and she is mortified.

She was talking to your other dorm mate & that dorm mate confirmed that the girl likes you. You not being her type means that she's opening herself up to new people & new experiences in college. No high school kid has enough life experience to have a type.

You are right about one thing -- there is no point if you don't man up & make a move on this girl already. What does the poor thing have to do to get your attention, walk into your dorm naked?

I hope you are doing well academically because you have no clue about life. Uuuugggggghhhhhhhh
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 9:44 AM   #55
Established Member

We're both 22
Old 17th October 2017, 9:50 AM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Are you kidding?

Consider this post a proverbial 2 x 4. Now pay attention while I whack you upside the head with it.

THIS GIRL LIKES YOU!!!!!!!!

She stopped waving & talking to you because you stopped responding. She thinks you have rejected her and she is mortified.

She was talking to your other dorm mate & that dorm mate confirmed that the girl likes you. You not being her type means that she's opening herself up to new people & new experiences in college. No high school kid has enough life experience to have a type.

You are right about one thing -- there is no point if you don't man up & make a move on this girl already. What does the poor thing have to do to get your attention, walk into your dorm naked?

I hope you are doing well academically because you have no clue about life. Uuuugggggghhhhhhhh
To add background info, my crush wasn't in the neighbour's room. Also, I heard my crush say she falls for big and lanky guys before this whole thing happened.

Also, what do you think GemmaUK?

Last edited by HopelessNick; 17th October 2017 at 10:05 AM..
Old 17th October 2017, 12:54 PM   #57
Established Member

I also dedicated a song to her guys. Forgot to say.
Old 18th October 2017, 1:53 AM   #58
Established Member

I agree with Donn.

Also, you can't know that she was listening when a dedicated song for her was played.

Seems like you just don't really want to speak to her or ask her out - if you wanted to enough you would do it.
The ball is in your court, either grab it now and play with it or don't.
Old 18th October 2017, 2:04 AM   #59

What song did you dedicate and what was the message with the dedication?

Why did her friends gossip about you when they knew you were in the hallway and would hear them?
Yosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 3:25 AM   #60
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
What song did you dedicate and what was the message with the dedication?

Why did her friends gossip about you when they knew you were in the hallway and would hear them?
1. I dedicated "In my Veins" by Andre Belle to her. I just said, "There's this girl I've become quite fond of. I won't mention her name, but she lives a couple of doors away from me. I have a feeling she knows I'm interested but I don't think she is. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. Anyway, to the girl that lives a couple of doors away from you, this one's for you hun.

2. I don't think they knew I would hear her.