LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Reading sign from girls.

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2017, 9:26 AM   #16
Established Member

It's college & you live in a dorm. 11 pm is hardly late. Conventional dating "rules" & practices don't apply. College is way less structured. It's more about hanging out & hooking up then deciding if you want to keep doing that.

I'm not sure how to interpret last night's pub interaction but that is the most negative thing I saw. The rest is just kind of neutral.

I am disheartened that living on a dorm floor young people today resort to messaging to communicate. Way back in the dark ages, people just kept their doors open & floormates wandered in & out. If the door was closed that meant somebody was studying or changing & to keep out.

Keep being friendly & see what happens.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 11:36 AM   #17
Established Member

She was drunk at the pub. Does that make a difference?
HopelessNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 11:53 AM   #18
Established Member

And the one thing i don't get the most is this.

"I told her that I've knocked on her door a couple of times for a chat and she told me to message her if there’s no answer."

Why would she say that?
Old 11th October 2017, 11:54 AM   #19
Established Member

Yes, her being intoxicated makes a difference. Few people behave like their normal selves under the influence.

Keep chatting with her.
Old 11th October 2017, 2:04 PM   #20
Established Member

I'm scared to talk to her now
Old 11th October 2017, 2:07 PM   #21
Established Member

Why are you scared to talk to her now? All I am suggesting you do is say

Hi!

• How was your day? or
  • What are you dressing up as for Halloween? or
  • Are you ready for exams? or
  • Did you see last night's game?

Very low key open ended friendly Qs to start a conversation. Don't push yourself on her but don't be afraid of her either.
Old 11th October 2017, 2:11 PM   #22
Established Member

Why did this girl change her behaviour as soon as I send her the first message?

I like this girl and I think she knows. We live in a dorm and she’s my neighbor. We’re acquaintances.

She used to be very enthusiastic when she saw me and gave me massive waves or smiles.

We also used to have really good chats, like we seemed to enjoy each other's company. It was only at the pub though.

However, one night, I messaged her for the first time saying “Did you get back safely hun? Just making sure.” She replied the next morning “I did! Thanks for checking up on me.” I've also asked her to chat a couple of times, and even though she said no, they were perfectly good reasons. Since then, I feel like she's changed. No more enthusiastic greetings. She seems kind of closed off too.

Why the sudden change in behaviour since I messaged her for the first time?

Last edited by HopelessNick; 11th October 2017 at 2:29 PM..
Old 11th October 2017, 2:14 PM   #23
Established Member

I'm scared because I have a feeling she doesn't want to talk to me and I don't want to make her uncomfortable.

She used to be very enthusiastic when she saw me and gave me massive waves or smiles. We also used to have really good chats, like we seemed to enjoy each other's company.

But since I messaged her for the first time, I feel like her behaviour changed. Like, I don't get those waves or smiles anymore.
Old 11th October 2017, 2:17 PM   #24
Established Member

Just use the conversation starters I gave you when you see her in person. Stop psyching yourself out.

I suspect that she may be pulling back because you haven't made a move & now she thinks you don't like her. Go back to being friendly & see what happens.

Throw a floor party -- even if it's just to pig out on junk food -- & invite her along with lots of other friends. See how she reacts.
Old 11th October 2017, 2:33 PM   #25

There isn't really a method to the madness, in this case. There could be a multitude of reasons why she seems closed off. Maybe she realized she wasn't interested, maybe there were some personal things that put her in an off mood.

Leave it alone. I know its hard if you like the person, but if things get sorted with her and she's genuinely interested, she will contact you after some time.

Good luck.
heretoh3lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 3:08 PM   #26
Established Member

I saw her at the pub last night. I was sitting down chatting. When she walked past me, I gave her a big wave. She took a quick look at me and continued walking while giving me a little wave that wasn't really a wave.

I realized she was probably busy because when I looked at where she was going, she was actually comforting a friend. After that, she walked round the back of the bar while looking in my direction for a couple of seconds. There was no expression on her face.

Do you think that counts as avoiding me? I'm scared to talk to her now.
Old 11th October 2017, 4:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post
I saw her at the pub last night. I was sitting down chatting. When she walked past me, I gave her a big wave. She took a quick look at me and continued walking while giving me a little wave that wasn't really a wave.

I realized she was probably busy because when I looked at where she was going, she was actually comforting a friend. After that, she walked round the back of the bar while looking in my direction for a couple of seconds. There was no expression on her face.

I think that she either had a lot going on or something is wrong. Talk to her about it. If you try and she puts your off, let it go, let her go. She will come to you if she's interested and she will tell you if something is really wrong.
heretoh3lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 4:42 PM   #28
Established Member

Is this about the same girl that you posted about a few days ago? If so, it is clear from your previous thread that she is not interested. This interaction just reaffirms that.

Sorry if that's harsh, but I think you should move on, it's for your own good.
MajesticUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 1:41 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessNick View Post

That's how I would behave if I was avoiding a guy, yes.
Minor engagement such as she displayed tends to get the message across.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 2:33 AM   #30
Established Member

So the fact she was drunk doesn't make a difference? Also, does this mean, I can't even have a conversation with her anymore?