Why is my [17 M] crush [17 F] shy around me at school but not shy at parties/online?

throwaway1224ep

throwaway1224ep

She knows I like her and has a "rebound" boyfriend according to her friends (I found out at a party and one of her friends specifically said that he was a rebound to make her ex jealous). They started going out two or so weeks after the break up.

On to the main bit. She sometimes looks at me and she almost always looks down instantly. She is normally shy around me in school but she is normally flirty on snapchat or at parties.

We were at a party (same one where I found about the rebound) and she seemed really happy when I showed up late. She also slapped my ass with a rubber chicken and ran away laughing. She kinda paused and looked at me for about 5 seconds before doing it. I was laughing too.

Her ex kissed her best friend (who was in a relationship) at the party and I texted my crush to see if her best friend and her boyfriend were still together and she said they were. I replied with "what (ex) did was messed up" and she said it "wasn't that bad" and I agreed with "it was only a kiss" and she replied with "you know yourself" with a winking face, kinda implying that she might go out with me at some point.

Her snaps are always of her face looking to the side with her mouth open or her looking at the camera with wide eyes.

I just don't get why she is shy around me at school, sometimes she does look at me quite a bit and smiles when she sees me.

Is she shy? Or does she just have nothing much to say to you?

When you talk with her, can you find topics in common?

• Author
throwaway1224ep
I think the bigger question is why you haven't asked her out yet.

Even though it isn't serious, she has a boyfriend and had one before him (literally a week before).

She has shown signs of interest but I think she doesn't want one with me right now as she is making her ex jealous and doesn't want me to think I am a rebound. Idk tbh. Time will tell if she likes me.

• Author
throwaway1224ep
Is she shy? Or does she just have nothing much to say to you?

When you talk with her, can you find topics in common?

She seems shy around me sometimes but she is one of the most outgoing girls in my year.

When we talk, its about common interests or stuff that recently happened. Sometimes she laughs for no reason when talking to me (kind of those breath out laughs, not one from the gut)

Ah, well if she has a boyfriend I'd say that she doesn't want to lead you on. Save your efforts for someone who's both available and interested.