LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Ex-FWB blocked me on Facebook

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2017, 7:26 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
That was basically what I was getting at. If this was just a fling, why does she care so much?
You're making a mistake in expecting humans and their emotions to always be rational and explainable. People can and do act irrationally and inexplicably at times. There truly is no explanation for this kind of thing which will make sense to those trying to understand.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 11:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Why were you trying to contact her?
I wasn't. Have two contacts in my phone with same name and it grouped their numbers together. Was calling tje otjer to let her know about mt side business, and it dialed her number instead. Ungrouped them now and added the first initial of last name to avoid that in the future.
Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 1:12 PM   #18
Established Member

If she has blocked you you should delete her number.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 4:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
If she has blocked you you should delete her number.

She didn't block me, but she hasn't replied to anything after that weekend where we talked like nothing happened, so I'm just leaving it be.
Old 13th October 2017, 8:33 AM   #20

I had a similar affair with an ex FWB. We met about 5 years ago but kept coming back together for a bit, always falling into the gray area. I liked her a lot and I think she liked me back. In the end, both of us were very immature about it, and both got personal issues, which I think it was your issues as well. The cycle ended this year, when I learned that she blocked me on social media.

Let me try to extrapolate the conclusions I drew from my experience to your case, and tell me if they fit a bit.

If she stopped talking about you or blocked you in any way I guess she just wants a symbolic way to close the cycle. In these times, people talk less and less with each other so these kind of moves are valid. It doesn't mean that you are actually her "life-obsession", but she just wants it to stop. It's respectable and you shouldn't go calling her "by accident". If there are feelings involved in her blocking you, you should respect that.

She won't deny contact with you. As I said, you are not that important to her. In these "gray situtation" affairs people in the end, I believe, just want uncertainty to go away. If that means blocking that dude or gal you haven't talked in months, then so be it.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 5:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I had a similar affair with an ex FWB. We met about 5 years ago but kept coming back together for a bit, always falling into the gray area. I liked her a lot and I think she liked me back. In the end, both of us were very immature about it, and both got personal issues, which I think it was your issues as well. The cycle ended this year, when I learned that she blocked me on social media.

Let me try to extrapolate the conclusions I drew from my experience to your case, and tell me if they fit a bit.

If she stopped talking about you or blocked you in any way I guess she just wants a symbolic way to close the cycle. In these times, people talk less and less with each other so these kind of moves are valid. It doesn't mean that you are actually her "life-obsession", but she just wants it to stop. It's respectable and you shouldn't go calling her "by accident". If there are feelings involved in her blocking you, you should respect that.

She won't deny contact with you. As I said, you are not that important to her. In these "gray situtation" affairs people in the end, I believe, just want uncertainty to go away. If that means blocking that dude or gal you haven't talked in months, then so be it.

Hmm, seems a bit like my situation. She blocked me because I used a few of her statuses as an example. She took it as I assumed she was saying stuff about me too. But she said the main reason why she blocked me is because she claims she can't go another day seeing one of my statuses and having to pick them apart so she can figure out if they are about her. Sounds a bit self-absorbed to me. Yet a week later we talked like nothing happened.

Every time we have fought this happens. Last weekend, she ignored me, so I have left it be. Maybe she is trying to break the cycle. But based on everything that has happened, I truly believe she developed some serious feelings and just can't admit it. I developed some feelings myself, but I have accepted them; just haven't told her. I know I am not important to her like that, but there's something she's hiding.

My friends all say she will contact me when she's lonely and horny as well.
Old 18th October 2017, 5:14 PM   #22

So she and I talked yesterday. It was going well, until I apparently said something that, "rubbed her the wrong way." She told me she was going to block my number now.

This was while I was at work, so by the time I saw her text saying she was going to block my number, two hours had passed. Yet I called her number, and it rang and went to voicemail like a normal call.

Me being in IT, I know all the signs when someone blocks a number. Was she just making empty threats?
Old 18th October 2017, 10:11 PM   #23
Established Member

Did you fix her paper jam in her printer yet? IT Pro! LOL Well you found a way back into her heart. Go for it.! I use to repair printers (Lasers) for many years. Funny I ended up with DELL LED Array. Anyway talk shop another day. Good luck!
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 12:13 AM   #24
Established Member

This is a very obvious situation to me.

You guys have feelings for each other. She can't stand being your friend on facebook not because she's narcissistic or self-absorbed, but because it gives her anxiety since she is likely in love with you but feels you can't be together. So it threatens her security and makes her jealous when she sees the possibility of you being with other women, she obsesses over the statuses. She has no peace of mind being your fb friend since she does not have platonic feelings for you.

So you now have this push-pull dynamic since you guys are into each other but there are obviously circumstantial barriers preventing one or the other of you from being together. Namely, the age problem.

What do you want from this situation? If you want a relationship, you need to come out and say it since you are the one that will likely be sacrificing in her eyes (since she is older and you would have more opportunities/presumably more to lose by being with her).

She obviously can't really let you go (loves you) but also doesn't have the security of being fully in your life in the way she would prefer to be. So it eats away at her and she has this back-and-forth dynamic.

Anyway, I am drawing from my own experience since I've had a complicated emotional affair with a man that spanned many years and was just a total heartache for me. I would also defriend him periodically to protect myself (he hated that). I was sure I wanted more, though; he was the one who was a fence sitter when it came to me. Didn't want to commit to me but didn't want anyone else to have me, either. I would bet dollars to donuts that the dynamic here is very similar despite what she says. I think you guys either need to fully let each other go or you need to step up and make it official. Anything less is likely torture for her, hence why she pours through your statuses and gives them meaning you didn't intend.
healing light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2017, 4:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by healing light View Post

You guys have feelings for each other. She can't stand being your friend on facebook not because she's narcissistic or self-absorbed, but because it gives her anxiety since she is likely in love with you but feels you can't be together. So it threatens her security and makes her jealous when she sees the possibility of you being with other women, she obsesses over the statuses. She has no peace of mind being your fb friend since she does not have platonic feelings for you.

So you now have this push-pull dynamic since you guys are into each other but there are obviously circumstantial barriers preventing one or the other of you from being together. Namely, the age problem.

What do you want from this situation? If you want a relationship, you need to come out and say it since you are the one that will likely be sacrificing in her eyes (since she is older and you would have more opportunities/presumably more to lose by being with her).

She obviously can't really let you go (loves you) but also doesn't have the security of being fully in your life in the way she would prefer to be. So it eats away at her and she has this back-and-forth dynamic.

Anyway, I am drawing from my own experience since I've had a complicated emotional affair with a man that spanned many years and was just a total heartache for me. I would also defriend him periodically to protect myself (he hated that). I was sure I wanted more, though; he was the one who was a fence sitter when it came to me. Didn't want to commit to me but didn't want anyone else to have me, either. I would bet dollars to donuts that the dynamic here is very similar despite what she says. I think you guys either need to fully let each other go or you need to step up and make it official. Anything less is likely torture for her, hence why she pours through your statuses and gives them meaning you didn't intend.

Yes, you are absolutely right. My cousin said the same exact thing to me last night on the phone as well. I do have feelings for her, and I care for her. I would love to have a relationship with her. So is this why when she got mad at me the other day and said she was going to block my number she didn't? I called her two hours after she said that and it rang and went to voicemail normally. My cousin said she lashed out like that because she needed to take her anger out on someone and to "punish" me.

Should I just tell her how I feel, even if she doesn't want a relationship? I always had a feeling it was why she didn't want to continue the fling we had anymore. She said she didn't see the point in continuing a sexual relationship if it can't be serious, and it's because of the age difference and her daughter.
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by healing light View Post

So I took your advice and told her how I felt. She replied back yesterday saying she forgot to block me, and now she has. So it's done. she's immature and petty. I also think it's complete crap that she just, "forgot" to block me.
Old 30th October 2017, 4:59 PM   #27

Too bad. She's kinda immature then. But then again, you are too.
Your case interests me in a retrospective fashion, since I had the same thing with a girl for about 5 years.
In my experience, the longer the problem lasts, there are less possibilities that it will turn out good (for you).
Honestly, just let her go.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 5:11 PM   #28
Established Member

Hereís my insight ::

Who cares what happens on Facebook ?! You should be confident enough to know that by now.

If you arenít then seek help

Good job on losing the weight
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 1:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Too bad. She's kinda immature then. But then again, you are too.
Your case interests me in a retrospective fashion, since I had the same thing with a girl for about 5 years.
In my experience, the longer the problem lasts, there are less possibilities that it will turn out good (for you).
Honestly, just let her go.

I have been much more mature in this situation than she has. Matter of fact, this past weekend I was at a bar with some friends for a Halloween event. She ended up being there too. Once she noticed I was there, she started dancing with a random guy and made sure I saw it. When I was doing my own thing and started dancing with someone, she noticed and grabbed the guy closer. Then at one point, she kept glancing over to see if I was paying attention. My buddy noticed and showed me. She then proceeded to start kissing the guy. They kissed a few times.

I find that immature, and I did not let it ruin my night.
Old 8th November 2017, 8:05 AM   #30

Deepmind

On this subject are actually answered several times. Be mindful and do not flood right here is the link Why really should you buy an essay? - realdeal
GeorgeEmomb is offline   Reply With Quote