My crush got a new boyfriend and she knew I liked her. What do I do?

throwaway1224ep

throwaway1224ep

She began dating him 2 weeks ago and they have only seen each other twice. A friend of mine and theirs hooked them up (I think).

She knows I like her because I texted her that I liked her and I was sorry for making her feel uncomfortable (her now ex told me that she said I made her really uncomfortable) and that she could choose if we could still be friends.

She replied with I shouldn't be silly and she never felt uncomfortable, I was really friendly and that her boyfriend made that up and she was really embarrassed, I shouldn't be sorry and we "of course we can still be friends."

I have texted her off and on since then and talked to her about random stuff and she seemed somewhat interested in me, she was playing with her hair and smiling and stuff.

I was snap chatting her this weekend and she kept replying and today she sent a pic of her new bf.

Do I just completely ignore her to see what happens? Kind of a hot and cold thing? I'm just really confused about it all really. Was she just being nice?

Did I have a chance? etc. All in all, it's pretty frustrating.

I'm going to assume you do make her uncomfortable too uncomfortable to be honest with you about it. If you told her you liked her did you also ask her out or not? That's the only way to know for sure.

When you like a girl you ask her out on

a date. End of story.

Apologizing, lets be friends, can we still be friends

is acting very weak. Being weak turns women off.

They see you as weak and they will never date you.

• Like 3

You are well and truly friend zoned. She will never date you. And since you are her friend, it is fairly normal for her to share happy pics of her and her BF. That is what friends do.

Now if you can accept this situation, then you can carry on being friends. If you can't accept it, then you have to break the friendship. those are your only options, really.

She only wants to be your friend. She has no romantic interest in you. Because you like her as more then a friend, put some distance in here. You don't have to be mean or go NC but be a lot less available. Put her on in-follow on all social media so her stuff doesn't automatically pop up in your feed & stop initiating contact with her.

Meanwhile try to find yourself someone else to date.

• Like 2

She didn't do anything to you. There is nothing confusing about this. You like her, but she doesn't feel the same. She dated someone she DOES like. No need for some weird game. It's a very straightforward situation. You are her friend, nothing more.

• Like 6
  • Author
throwaway1224ep

I truly love this girl and she knows. She has a boyfriend and I told her I liked her and I would like if we stayed friends. I said this because i felt I had made her uncomfortable as her ex made up **** about me and said she said it. That text was about a month ago. (I can send if wanted)

She has been hot and cold, friendly enough to talk and when she does she smiles, laughs and sometimes plays with her hair but she usually ignores me, I ignore her too. Today she went to smile at me but stopped herself and looked away.

But I can't do it. I can't be her friend. It hurts when I see photos of them together and it makes me anxious and think irrationally (sometimes suicidal) which I never did before. It's really had a bad effect on me. She is in most of my classes and is in my form, which doesn't help from an awkwardness perspective. She also comes in late and stays with her friends all day so I can't get her by herself, it will have to be text if I do tell her.

Please help me, I don't think I can stand this much longer.

You don't have to tell her anything. She knows you like her. She knows she has a BF. She will fully understand if you just fade away. So do so. Sit away from her in front of her in class. Unfollow her on social media. Find new hobbies.

• Like 3
You don't have to tell her anything. She knows you like her. She knows she has a BF. She will fully understand if you just fade away. So do so. Sit away from her in front of her in class. Unfollow her on social media. Find new hobbies.

This right here.

• Author
throwaway1224ep

I overheard them talk about me hating my crush because she got a new boyfriend. (I don't hate her lol) She knows I like her. Her friend said I probably didn't as I wasn't "selfish enough".

They were definitely talking about me because they said my name and when I walked past them, they went silent and her friend laughed. I pretended I didn't hear anything.

I have ignored her since I found out about the new guy but we still talk now and again. We look down when walking past each other and sometimes she fixes her hair or gasps.

Walk with confidence... Don't let them nick pick at you like that, you don't stood to their level. In the end is what makes you happen. Remember that!

P.T. Barnum once said, "there is no such thing as bad publicity." They are talking about you because they are thinking about you. So far she hasn't dumped her BF for you but you never know. Don't hold out hope. Do live your life & date others but you never know.

• Author
throwaway1224ep
Walk with confidence... Don't let them nick pick at you like that, you don't stood to their level. In the end is what makes you happen. Remember that!

Thing is, they were wondering why I hated her. Which I don't. I gave her a cold shoulder once or twice but that is it.

It's really quite simple, but that doesn't mean it's easy. This is cut and dry. You have unrequited feelings. You feel strongly about someone who does not reciprocate.

She has clearly moved on and has a boyfriend, and while this is a horrible feeling and horrible position to be in (I'm familiar), your natural instincts are going to be to want to do things that will actually make you appear weaker.

I don't "do" any social media so I can't express details, but do not follow her on social media, do not "friend" or check status, and you certainly do not have to be mean, but (and this is where I get myself in trouble),...stop over explaining. I tend to do this as a defense mechanism as if I'm trying to help explain to them to get a clearer picture. It backfires ten fold.

Create distance and put space between the two of you. Again, no need to be mean or cruel or nasty, but...be absent. Be away. Move on and forward. Be polite if she starts conversation, but move on quickly.

• Like 2

You need to just stop fixating on her now and move on and stop trying to make every little thing something that means you have a chance. She isn't interested. She is not "the one." Start paying attention to any girls who are paying attention to you or talking to you or smiling and hanging around. Those are where you'll find one who is interested in you romantically. She's not.

she seemed somewhat interested in me, she was playing with her hair and smiling and stuff.

friendly enough to talk and when she does she smiles, laughs and sometimes plays with her hair

We look down when walking past each other and sometimes she fixes her hair

I think it's important that you forget about this idea that a woman playing with her hair means that she's into you. Yes, I've heard that playing with hair can be a sign of flirtation, but honestly I think it's mostly BS. There are many, many other reasons that a woman might touch her hair. It doesn't automatically mean she's into you.

I see a lot of guys latch onto this hair thing, as if it's like a secret code that all women do to show interest. It's just not the case.

Also, her and her friend were wondering if you hate her because as soon as you found out about her boyfriend, you started ignoring her and giving her the cold shoulder. Pretending someone doesn't exist is something you do when you hate someone. I'm sure it's confusing for her to think that you're friends one moment, and the next moment you're not speaking to her anymore. You could just tell her that you have feelings for her and it's too hard to be friends with her at this time, then wish her the best and keep it moving. Honesty is good.

• Like 1

^ ^^ THIS. Thank you.

I'm 65 and not looking for a man and I touch my hair ALL the time. I put it behind my years, I push the hair back. I get a stray hair off my forehead or out of my ear. I pull it out from under my armpit or off my back if it's tickling me. Get over the stupid hair thing. It's a myth.