LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Friends and Lovers

Friends vs Lovers

Friends and Lovers Progressing into "Friends with benefits" and beyond: When platonic relationships become more intimate.

Old 5th September 2017, 4:21 PM   #1
Established Member

Friends vs Lovers

So what makes someone more of a lover to you, over being a friend? Is it all about Physical Looks.

My friend A is a woman and she is the most beautiful woman that I know. Yet I don't feel like I want to sleep with her.

My friend D who is 66 to my 46. Even though she is my friend. I always have to fight this little Sexual attraction to her. I told her that I was sexually attracted to her. She smiled and said she knows that already. I just tough it out.

I wish we could all just get what we want and not have to struggle so much.
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 4:54 PM   #2
Established Member

Naw, it's not looks, not for me at least.

It's that elusive called chemistry.

I just went to a wedding of a life long friend. He's pretty good looking, perfect on paper (a real catch, CEO of an investment firm at 40), we are super compatible and have been thick as thieves for 20 years.

Yet, zero attraction, never ever was tempted to kiss him, and I am about positive that feeling is mutual.

I have been sexually attracted to men that weren't particularly no handsome, there was just a "something" about them that drew me to them.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 5:13 PM   #3
Established Member

Totally agree ^

It's about chemistry - not looks.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote