Is he even interested in me?

I met a guy and we had a fairly decent date. He introduced me to his friends very quickly, and I got along pretty well with his friends. We even connected on social media, and they agreed to come to my birthday party next week. We spoke a lot on text at first and hung out about 3/4 times. However, our communication suddenly slowed down and right now, all he does is look at my Instagram Stories and sometimes send me DMs on them. Is he even interested, and if he's not, how am I going to manage having him at my birthday party next week?

UltimateSoprano1

Honestly, the only thing to do in this situation is to reach out and ask. Be straightforward and ask if anything has changed on his end. You won't know unless you ask.

I think he didn't like it you started getting thick with his friends and that that wasn't what he had in mind when he introduced you. I think he's afraid a conflict may arise with you inviting them for your birthday. What that conflict is, anyone's guess -- maybe an old girlfriend, maybe a girl he still has a crush on, and doesn't want you getting thick with. Maybe a male player in his circle he is afraid will horn in.