Chemistry with Guy Friend

My guy friend of 3 years has finally confessed that he feels strong chemistry between us, but he said because he is not ready for a relationship and wants to be free, it is better if we never meet alone and just in a group. I now am not sure how to proceed. I also have feelings for him and told him this a year ago, but he told me then that he only saw me as a friend. I don't understand why he has confessed this now. He even suggested that I start dating and should have more fun, but said if I got a boyfriend he would find it weird to see me with him. I said that maybe I shouldn't mail him anymore and he said that he liked to receive mails from me. In the past he also said he thinks I am beautiful and loves me as a friend. I am very confused can anyone shed light on the situation. Should I just give him space for a while? Thank you!

He knows that if he were to spend time alone with you, you would have sex and as he knows you have feelings for him, then that would not be fair to you.

He has told you he wants to be free to see others so this has really nowhere to go.

He would have sex with you great, but you are not what he wants, so he would then dump you leaving you broken hearted.

He is being nice to you here.

Do not assume that if you were to have sex then he would be obliged to date you or fall in love with you, it doesn't work like that.

• Like 1

He has decided long ago that you are not the woman he'd want to be with. He likes you and like most men, he can be attracted to nearly any woman he's around long enough, but he knows you're not who he'd choose. You should do yourself a favor and go no contact and move on with your life. Because the most that could accidentally happen here is he gets weak and has sex with you and then ghosts since he would regret it.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you for your replies. Yes I think for whatever reason, he has decided that, so even though there is chemistry, maybe it will always be one sided. You don't want to be with someone who isn't that into you. Thanks.?

I think for you it's chemistry and for him it's just the male sexual urge to have sex with any woman he's around for long. Hey, at least he cares enough to not just take advantage. He gets a point for that.

• Like 1