Potential new FWB - mixed signals?

I met with a potential new FWB yesterday. He cooked me dinner and we ended up hooking up as well.. Before meeting he was obviously pursuing a lot and texting quite a bit. He seemed a bit quiet/nervous but was also very direct with his intentions saying he doesn't want a girlfriend now or any time soon and he just wants a laugh. I agree.

Any other FWB I have had only contacts me on the basis of hooking up but he texted me literally ten minutes after the hook up telling me to get home safe, how I was lovely and how he would like to do it again. He was also chatting to me all night then just casually (not sexual related) which is a new concept to me and not sure why he's doing this.. Is he just a nice guy?

A FWB at it's best is a Friend. He may not have experience with FWB relationships, so is nervous and over-emphasizing the friend part. No doubt he'll settle into it, if FWB is indeed what he truly wants and can handle.

My FWB and I would go to dinner and do other activities, just as with any friend.

I met with a potential new FWB yesterday. He cooked me dinner and we ended up hooking up as well.. Before meeting he was obviously pursuing a lot and texting quite a bit. He seemed a bit quiet/nervous but was also very direct with his intentions saying he doesn't want a girlfriend now or any time soon and he just wants a laugh. I agree.

Any other FWB I have had only contacts me on the basis of hooking up but he texted me literally ten minutes after the hook up telling me to get home safe, how I was lovely and how he would like to do it again. He was also chatting to me all night then just casually (not sexual related) which is a new concept to me and not sure why he's doing this.. Is he just a nice guy?

Why wouldn't he chat with you and make sure you got home okay? Your expectations of how a guy should treat you are too low if you have to ask these questions. He would be rude to not talk to you or care if you got home okay.

• Like 1