Nsa/fwb ???

So I've been in NSA relationship with this guy I met 8 months ago when I was out one night celebrating my friends birthday. We hung out outside of the bedroom as well on a couple occasions, but not as much as the s*x we were having. We didn't really agree on being FWB or NSA , nor have I ever been in a relationship like this before but it kind of just happened that way.

Throughout those 8 months we've have had long text conversations( we literally would text from 7am till 12 at night and the conversations were never sexual). Although contact wasn't everyday I didn't trip too much seeing as though we are not in a committed relationship. He would rave on the fact that we share similar interests in some things, we both compare financially, asset wise, and beliefs. He loved my cooking ( I cooked breakfast for him one day). We didn't dive too much into our personal family life but we talked a lot about work, school, politics, relationships etc. In person , our chemistry was great as well.

He confides in me about his problems whether they are financial, friends and he talked to me about when he got in a car accident and showed me pics of his car. He would send me pics of his outfits before he bought them to get my opinion on them. He also did the same with his cooking, he would send me pics of what he cooked because he was learning how to cook. He would give me advice about some of my problems and I would do the same.

Overall I believe he is a great guy ,he went to school, has his head on right in terms of where he wants to be in the next five years and is a hard worker with a great personality. We compliment each other so well. He likes every single one of my pictures on Instagram, looks at every insta snap story and sometimes comments( I do the same). He would tell me that he thinks I'm beautiful, I'm the whole package etc. He was the first person to congratulate me on being accepted to the college of my choice.

FASTFORWARD

I started catching feelings for him and decided to tell him. His response was something along the lines of he was shocked that I had caught feelings for him and suggested that we slow down the "relationship" ( that's what he called it). He thought that we were moving at a great pace and he doesn't want me to feel like he's playing with my emotions but we can still be friends. The response did confuse me a bit and although I was hurt I just texted back "ok". However, that same day I decided to protect my feelings, focus on myself and go NC. (no texts, calls, looking at his social media)

After 3 weeks of NC ( I didn't reach out to him , he didn't reach out to me, but has been liking my recent social media pictures) he sees on FB that its my birthday and says happy birthday via text. I didn't want to respond but since I still have feelings for him I just didn't want to ignore him completely. Even though he rejected me , he did let me down easy. We got to texting about my birthday plans and then he asked me when was the day we met, when I told him the day, he said it felt like we knew each other longer (strange idk ) and then he asked me when can I come over to hang out . I told him I would come on Wednesday, and he agreed to it. Well Wednesday came and he basically bsed and said he had to work and rescheduled for Thursday. Well Thursday came and he texted me that day but hinted nothing about us meeting up or mentioned it , we just casually texted about him going to hang with friends etc ( text lasted about 10 minutes not nearly as long as before).

I didn't really press the issue of meeting up because deep down I knew I would catch feelings again and didn't want that, but for some reason I couldn't say no. So here I am now planning to do NC all over again. I did go on a date two days ago with a nice guy but am taking it slow. Im not sure what to do , I do still care for him but am not going to stop my life, I know I may have to move on. I do want a relationship and he rejected me. I am going to do this no contact to focus on myself and get a level head.

However, I do want some feedback.

Why did he contact me if he had no intention of really meeting up?(assuming the whole work thing was a lie). Why is he still liking my pictures if he doesn't want me to feel anything for him, wouldn't he just cut off all contact? He never gave me a real reason as to why he didn't want to move things into a relationship with me ( not ready for a relationship, seeing someone else, he doesn't think we're compatible ). What should I say if he tries to contact me again? I really don't want to be cold but if I have to I will be. Has anyone else been in a NSA/FWB relationship and caught feelings? Did it ever work out in your favor or did you eventually have to move on. I do like him though , I wonder if he cared at all. (feedback is welcome please)

As of today, I am in NC again 4 days

To see if you would just get over it and go back to just laying him. So tell him you need to move on and nice knowing him, but you think no contact would be best.

• Like 1
  • Author

That's true and when I should have just stayed firm in my decision and declined his offer I didn't. I know better now and if he contacts me I will tell him just that . Thanks a lot for your feedback

• Like 1