Does he like me?

I met a guy working in a bar and asked for a phone for reservation for next time. He gave me his, I texted and asked for his FB. He responded immediately. I then added him to FB and he added me immediately and liked some of my pics. Next day we started chatting for long time, but after that when I text him he takes ages to respond. Does he like me or just was nice ?

He gave you his number when you asked for the bar's number to make a reservation? That's odd. I am not a psychic but if he gave you his number and texted you back I would assume he is somewhat interested. Think about it, why would he ask for your number if he had no interest. Maybe he is taking his time responding now because he doesn't want you to get used to him responding immediately or he is busy.

• Author

He gave me his number but I think that it might be just professional. On the other hand would he respond to my text if he wasn't interested at all? When we chatted he said that he is a trainer and I said that I was searching for one PT and he said that he can train me. So I went for a free session.

I think he was just being friendly to a client but saw you were trying something more. But time will tell. If he is interested you will hear more from him.

Space Ritual

Send him a selfie in Fishnets and Stilettos....You'll get your answer. LOL J/K

In all honesty though, if he gave you HIS number when asking for reservation I am sure he is interested. Just be aware he may also interested in other women too so don't read a lot into his long response time. Don;t hold your breath an leave your options open.

• Like 1
I met a guy working in a bar and asked for a phone for reservation for next time. He gave me his, I texted and asked for his FB. He responded immediately. I then added him to FB and he added me immediately and liked some of my pics. Next day we started chatting for long time, but after that when I text him he takes ages to respond. Does he like me or just was nice ?

Someone or something has his attention now.. You need to to keep looking and just don't settle for being second. You can chase him but do you really want to show him weakness. Let him contact you instead.

Meh, not everything pans out. It's possible he was feel things out by having a convo with you and all that crap. The magic didn't happen. Can't win them all.

• Author

Update. I saw him three times in two weeks to train me. We were alone and he kept teasing me and ask me questions about what I like, my life etc. There were light touches between us but I can't say if it was sexual or not. He tried to show off his body all the time, but no sexual innuendos.

Just to be clear I don't want any serious relationship with him.

Update. I saw him three times in two weeks to train me. We were alone and he kept teasing me and ask me questions about what I like, my life etc. There were light touches between us but I can't say if it was sexual or not. He tried to show off his body all the time, but no sexual innuendos.

Just to be clear I don't want any serious relationship with him.

Remember you said this.

• Like 1
  • Author

I don't know if he has a girlfriend. And I am thinking that he might be just friendly or just to keep me interested and go for training. If he was looking for a hookup wouldn't he give me more signs?

You met him in a bar & now he's training you? Does that mean you are working in the bar too?

I'm glad you said that you don't want anything serious because serious is not an option. Bar culture is all about hooking up. I worked my way through college & grad school tending bar. Serious means they are still nice to you in the morning. Nothing more.

The touches, the glances etc are flirting. He's not going to do much. What he anticipates is that you will work together & flirt. One night when he doesn't take a customer home & you don't either, you two will have some drinks after work & then it will "just happen." About the only effort he's willing to make is to bend closer to you to initiate the kiss. Don't think you're getting a date, a text, a call etc. You may get an orgasm but that's about it.

If you want effort, date somebody outside of the bar business or at least somebody looking to get out. I had an LTR with the bar's bookkeeper for a while. My friend married the beer salesman (who had daytime not night time hours). I met my husband in bar but I understand I found a unicorn; ironically when I met DH I thought he was a player looking for a good time. Whoops, I was wrong. lol :)

I don't know if he has a girlfriend. And I am thinking that he might be just friendly or just to keep me interested and go for training. If he was looking for a hookup wouldn't he give me more signs?

Don't be so quick to drop your panties on this guy.. No hope for anything else just for casual sex or hook-up. Why would you subject yourself to seconds you know he has someone or many others like yourself at his beck and call.

Oh you work in a bar and this is a customer be careful of the other issues with this sort of guy. You don't know how sexual active he is.. You don't want to catch anything from him.

• Author
You met him in a bar & now he's training you? Does that mean you are working in the bar too?

I'm glad you said that you don't want anything serious because serious is not an option. Bar culture is all about hooking up. I worked my way through college & grad school tending bar. Serious means they are still nice to you in the morning. Nothing more.

The touches, the glances etc are flirting. He's not going to do much. What he anticipates is that you will work together & flirt. One night when he doesn't take a customer home & you don't either, you two will have some drinks after work & then it will "just happen." About the only effort he's willing to make is to bend closer to you to initiate the kiss. Don't think you're getting a date, a text, a call etc. You may get an orgasm but that's about it.

If you want effort, date somebody outside of the bar business or at least somebody looking to get out. I had an LTR with the bar's bookkeeper for a while. My friend married the beer salesman (who had daytime not night time hours). I met my husband in bar but I understand I found a unicorn; ironically when I met DH I thought he was a player looking for a good time. Whoops, I was wrong. lol :)

We are not working together, I am not working at the bar. His main work is a PT, so this is what I mean by training. He works at the bar as PR as a part time job.

So I agree with you that in case he doesn't have a girlfriend that every night might give his phone or leave with any girl he wants. What I am not sure about is if he likes me or if it's all part of the job.

Since I texted him first I think that he already knows that I like him.

We are not working together, I am not working at the bar. His main work is a PT, so this is what I mean by training. He works at the bar as PR as a part time job.

So I agree with you that in case he doesn't have a girlfriend that every night might give his phone or leave with any girl he wants. What I am not sure about is if he likes me or if it's all part of the job.

Since I texted him first I think that he already knows that I like him.

Are you saying he does the public relations for the bar? What is PR?

Is he giving you physical therapy (PT)? I'm still lost on what you mean by training.

I suppose only time will tell if he likes you. Keep fliting. Don't get invested. See what happens

• Author
Are you saying he does the public relations for the bar? What is PR?

Is he giving you physical therapy (PT)? I'm still lost on what you mean by training.

I suppose only time will tell if he likes you. Keep fliting. Don't get invested. See what happens

Sorry for the acronyms :). He is a personal trainer and his job in the bar is to find you a table.

OK. Then he's still in the bar business & my original answer stands. He's waiting until the only effort required is for him to lean over & kiss you one night after work & a few drinks.

Giving you his number means NOTHING. Nada. Zip. I'm in the middle of building at present and I have the cell phone numbers for everyone from the builder to the plumber to the architect to the engineer. Giving a mobile number is pretty standard in business these days.

Now, had I followed any of of these people a FB request they might think I'm up for a a quick shag. But I treat them as the professionals they are.

• Like 1
Don't be so quick to drop your panties on this guy.. No hope for anything else just for casual sex or hook-up. Why would you subject yourself to seconds you know he has someone or many others like yourself at his beck and call.

Oh you work in a bar and this is a customer be careful of the other issues with this sort of guy. You don't know how sexual active he is.. You don't want to catch anything from him.

She isn't looking for anything serious so perhaps a hook up is all she wants.

• Like 1
  • Author
Giving you his number means NOTHING. Nada. Zip. I'm in the middle of building at present and I have the cell phone numbers for everyone from the builder to the plumber to the architect to the engineer. Giving a mobile number is pretty standard in business these days.

Now, had I followed any of of these people a FB request they might think I'm up for a a quick shag. But I treat them as the professionals they are.

This is different however because you work with them and you should have their numbers . I don't work with this guy. I met him at the bar and he gave me his number

This is different however because you work with them and you should have their numbers . I don't work with this guy. I met him at the bar and he gave me his number

No. You didn't "meet him at a bar". You spoke to him in a professional context when you were trying to organise an event. You asked for his contact details and that was the number he gave. If he's away from his desk frequently, it stands to reason that he gives a cellphone number.

And no, I do not work with my building team. They are doing a job for me. I'm the client and I pay them. Just as you are to this guy in both his bar job and his PT.

Edited by basil67
  • Author
No. You didn't "meet him at a bar". You spoke to him in a professional context when you were trying to organise an event. You asked for his contact details and that was the number he gave. If he's away from his desk frequently, it stands to reason that he gives a cellphone number.

If that was just business I guess that a simple phone number would be enough. There was no need to reply to my message immediately or give me his FB account. I guess that if someone does not like you at all he will remain only in the basics.

Also he is not the one making the reservations. He is the one that shows you the table once you go there and he only works there twice a week. The bar has a phone number where I have called many times before and reserved tables.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

So the last news is that he is training me twice a week. We are having a great time when we are together. He asked me twice to join him for a drink with his friends but I haven't gone. I have been to the bar he works twice and once he saw me he told me how beautiful I looked he hugged me and kissed me.

However we do not chat at all and we chat only to arrange the training.

I am thinking about asking him out for a drink just the two of us, but I don't know if I should or let the time pass

Since you aren't looking to get serious with him why the hesitation, just ask him our for a drink. Why wait?

• Like 1

If you're not looking for serious, why did you turn down the 2 drink invites with him & his friends? That is way more casual then what you are proposing, drinks for the two of you alone. Do ask him to join you. I simply point out that it seems odd to me.