FWB going away this weekend with another girl

My ex and I decided after being apart to be friends again. While we became friends, it developed into a sexual relationship as well. We are not back together, but we are not dating other people.

This weekend he is going away with the girl he dated for a short period of time when we were apart. He ended things with her so that I would be in his life. There are other friends going away too.

We had a conversation about her going last week and he told me that nothing was going to happen and she was going only because he had asked her a long time to go with them. All of this sudden in the last week he hasn't wanted to be sexual and tells me he's just not in the mood. Am I being paranoid that all of the sudden he doesn't want anything with me anymore?

I don't know. I feel uncomfortable with this girl going, but do I have the right to? I mean, he and I aren't back together. He says he likes what we have going on and wants to continue. I'm basically not going to have the chance to him for the next week because we are both busy and he's gone this weekend. We did talk about this a few times and even though they were tough discussions, we seemed to be OK.

What do I do? Is giving each other space a good thing? Maybe we talked too much about this topic and it freaked him out? Ugh. Things were so simple and fun before. Now it feels like they aren't.

I know I put myself in this situation, but now I'm started to think this wouldn't bother me unless I was developing feelings. Any advice?

Thanks.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
OP request ~T

You say you're not back together but not dating other people?

Well, apparently he didnt get that memo, because he is seeing someone else.

And why shouldnt he? You said you're not back together, it just sounds like a FWB situation.

• Like 1

It's FWB. That means the arrangement is sex with no strings attached. He has every right to sleep with other women and so do you.

Yes, you entered into dangerous territory. You have no say in this other than to step away if you know you can't handle him being with other women or the possibility of diseases.

• Like 3

It is a FWB but you aren't acting that way. It's his business if he wants to go away with another girl and it shouldn't be questioned. No wonder he loves your new arrangement.

• Like 1

What was the agreement exactly about not seeing other people? Because you're saying you're not together but contradicting that by saying you're not seeing other people. I think you better go over any agreement with him again because it sounds to me like he is seeing other people and has you agreeing not to.

• Like 1

It sounds like YOU don't like what's going on. Are you playing this game of not being in a relationship in the hopes that you will go back to being together? If so, you're in for heartbreak. He likes what he has right now with you because why would he?

He can have his cake and eat it too... and hers... and hers.

If you guys aren't together and you didn't discuss being exclusive, then no you don't have any real right to be upset. If you ARE upset, you need to rethink your intentions with this.

Most people don't get back into a sexual relationship with their ex because you had feelings. I wonder if you started seeing other guys in front of him how he would feel.

You are exes who have sex. Unless you are exclusive, who he dates and/ or has sex with isn't your business.