Breaking all the FWB rules

neurotic88

I've recently reconnected with an old acquaintance through Tinder. We've known each other for 10 years, and have been hanging out regularly for the last 2 months.

He mentioned that he only wants to have a FWB arrangement, and then see where it goes from there, However we've agreed that we won't have sexual relationships with other people. He said he doesn't want a relationship yet because he's had bad experiences with gf's before.

We hang out 2-4 times a week, he holds my hand and puts his arm around me, we go out and do things (movies, pool, bowling, walks) and don't have sex every time we hang out.

Is he actually into me? or is he just waiting for someone better to come along?

Assume nothing.

He told you he only wants a fwb and maybe that is all he wants. People can have all different ideas as to what a fwb really is. Some see at as a pure arrangement for sex and others see it more as a casual/temporary relationship.

If you feel he is now crossing boundaries then a talk is needed so you can clarify your position.

• Like 2
caveman621

I think you need to ask yourself what YOU want. Is FWB OK with you? With my current GF we started out as FWB, but over a very short time we both realized we just really liked hanging out with each other and are now (two years since our first date) talking about getting married.

So if you are OK with the FWB arrangement then continue it. If you want a lifetime partner it could develop, but you can't be upset with him if it doesn't. So I guess it's a question of, Do you enjoy the sex and togetherness? OR, if you're hoping for more, can you take the heartache if that doesn't work?