What is going on?

So i already posted about my study buddy and I am more confused than ever. Recently I have been spending a lot of time with him, we will go for hours long coffees, walks he will prolong by asking me to make an extra circle around the block, dinners he will pay. He's called me gorgeous, asked me whether I was ready for a new boyfriend and if I wanted for a guy to make the first move. When i ask him about his love life, he doesn't say much and asks me not to ask him. The other day he told me he didn't want me to find a boyfriend because then I wouldn't spend any time with him. After this I asked him to join me for a two day organised trip (I have already paid for it and i am going regardless of him) and he has been weird ever since. He doesn't respond immediately, he dodges to answer my questions and I am so confused. He also told me he can't see me until next week (normally we meet almost every other day), I have never really showed him I liked him romantically so I don't know if he got freaked out, but I am running out of ideas. Thank you in advance.

Try showing him you like him romantically. Invite him to something less intense & less costly then a trip, as in "I'm going to the party at XYZ on Friday; stop by. "

He sounds like he hasn't been able break up with his girlfriend. Maybe it's one back home and he wants to do it in person.

He goes home for the weekend, gives her the heave-ho, then he's ready to see you next week?

Sounds plausible to me. You should ask him if he's going to be around this weekend.

• Author
He sounds like he hasn't been able break up with his girlfriend. Maybe it's one back home and he wants to do it in person.

He goes home for the weekend, gives her the heave-ho, then he's ready to see you next week?

Sounds plausible to me. You should ask him if he's going to be around this weekend.

He doesn't have a gf. We live in the same town, he's with me almost every weekend just hanging out, we hang out a lot.

Well then, that's pretty weird, to be brave enough to ask you stuff like that but too chicken to act on it when he's getting the right answers.

He's a chicken to the point he is even afraid of group activities. He wants guarantees before he even acts romantic with you. To me, he just sounds like he's got some maturing and work to do on himself to be ready to hold up one end of a couple....

• Like 2

Just one point of clarification, not judging . . .

Your screen name is Girl By Day . . . does that mean that you are not a girl at other times during a 24 hour period?

If gender identity is at play here, your study buddy may not know how to come out of the closet or to express a preference / interest in somebody who is not plain vanilla. Stated more bluntly -- if you are transgender, questioning, or fluid (forgive me if I got the correct term wrong; I'm really not trying to be hateful), he may not be ready to be that brave. Be even more patient.

• Like 1
  • Author
Just one point of clarification, not judging . . .

Your screen name is Girl By Day . . . does that mean that you are not a girl at other times during a 24 hour period?

If gender identity is at play here, your study buddy may not know how to come out of the closet or to express a preference / interest in somebody who is not plain vanilla. Stated more bluntly -- if you are transgender, questioning, or fluid (forgive me if I got the correct term wrong; I'm really not trying to be hateful), he may not be ready to be that brave. Be even more patient.

Lol, no, you're very respectful but it's just a nickname. I'm 100 % female 24 h seven and my study buddy knows it. ;)

• Like 1