weird situation going on

Hi everybody!

I have this really weird thing going on with a friend right now. We had kind of a thing going on for several months, which ended because I got tired of it and wanted something more serious. We broke it off and stayed good friends. In fact, he's probably the person I spend most of my time with and most of the time we get along very well.

The break up was not recent at all and he always makes a point of telling me it wasn't anything serious and he doesn't want to try again which is cool with me.

Several weeks ago, I met a guy and started going out with him. Me and my friend agreed we wouldn't discuss our dates, but I did tell him I was seeing someone. Since then he's been really annoying about it. He mentions him out of the blue, every occasion he gets. Asks a lot of questions, about things that really do not concern him. He gives me unsolicited advice on how I should behave to win over the guy. How I should dress or behave. A few days ago he randomly started telling me how great it is that I finally met someone and I look so much happier than I used to. When I answered I wasn't quite sure about the guy yet he started calling me an unstable idiot for not appreciating such a great guy.

I really care about him, but this is starting to get on my nerves. I think this is nothing that concerns him and I find all this questioning annoying. When I try to change the topic he reverts back to it.

The other part of it is he makes me feel like he's happy to be rid of me. He acts so overly enthusiastic about this whole thing working out that I feel he just wants to make sure I stay interested in someone else and that kinda hurts. The part where he called me an unstable idiot for not being sure about the guy yet definitely burnt the most.

Why would you give someone you were involved with unsolicited romantic advice? It makes me feel like he's making fun of me and I think it's of very bad taste, but I don't want to start making a fuss about it. At the same time it's starting to make me feel a bit sad when I'm around him. How can I adress this the best?