What to make of this text?

Haha this is why i love u (my name) u always make me feel better about these decisions

-----

Ok we are close workmates, get on well etc. But nothing extreme.

We're work friends.

She sent this text when she was ill, but she said this illness felt like she was hungover on vodka. And about an hour before she sent this text, she sent something unlike her on the work group chat. So I think this illness was making her feel more open.

How would you interpret this text?

sweetgirl75

I love my guy friends but not in a romantic kind of way. More like a brother. She may tell every one she loves them and the illness and alcohol could have made her say that also. Time will tell if she likes you more than a work friend. Work friends that develop into romantic relationships can be tricky especially if you were to break up. I think since she said something unlike her before it may have been misinterpreted but you never know. If it is meant to be good. If not you still have a friend.

Cookiesandough

I tell my fam and girlfriends I love them. It's a phrase of endearment not necessarily confined to romantic feelings

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2

Love is an imprecise word.

I think she uses it casually. She is NOT telling you that she has romantic feelings for you.

• Like 2
Lol bull****.

That take says it all.

Is that your take on her text? I'm guessing you are a little infatuated with this girl but she isn't with you. The problem with infatuation is you tend to read way too much into normal banter and start to believe she also has feelings for you because you so desperately want them to. So your mind plays tricks on you.

If you are ever infatuated with another and they don't feel the same, I suggest you distance yourself from them for a bit. Let your feelings cool off because you will more then likely make a fool of yourself and get hurt in the process.

• Author

Soz was drunk last night lol. But tbf I think she was into me. (Hoping still is?)

The day she stopped seeing some guy last year, she text me that night at like midnight randomly saying I say the sweetest things or something (exact day he broke it off with her. She never text anything like that before).

But I wasn't that into her at the time and was kinda seeing someone else.

Then once I was going to a place where her best mate just happened to be there, then she came up to me and started talking to me and being friendly. (She obviously texted her mate saying I was gonna be there) her mate said to me she referred to me as "my hitcher" (lol but with my real name)

But I wasn't really into her then, but now I think I've fallen for her but she's seeing some guy. But now with that text, maybe she's always wanted me? I dunno.

Think drunk me last night just wanted to know lol.

I want her, but obviously this guy is in the picture.

If there is another guy in the picture, your window of opportunity is currently closed. It may re-open but you shouldn't wait around for that to happen. If you are free when she is, ask her out but do nothing now.

• Author

Yeah I know, and I won't.

Just needed a place to vent ha.

I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship anyway, cos she's a great girl tbf. Too bad it took me ages to realise ffs. Last summer was our chance. :(

That didn't mean she was into you. That was just a way of saying she liked you as a person. You're taking it out of context.

• Author

Tbh I think I love her ffs.

Not good!

And I'm pissed off at myself that I didn't take the chance last year. Cos of some insignificant girl.

• Author
That didn't mean she was into you. That was just a way of saying she liked you as a person. You're taking it out of context.

As a stand alone,, sure.

But when I factor in other things, she surely was at one point.

Dunno if she is now, she's into this other guy. So whatever.

• Author

And once we got drunk together, she defo wanted something to happen cos I told her some story of two people who used to work here who got drunk and something may have happened between them two, and then literally an hour later we bought booze.

And she flirted with me while drunk, but I didn't reciprocate cos of that other girl. :(

How long will her interest last? Sure she has to see other guys, but does she still want me? I dunno.

I don't know, the first text, it just seems like her being thankful your advice/help. I have a few really close female friends, no romance at all, and that sounds like I text I would get from either of them after helping them. Also you even said it, she was more open because she was ill.

Being into when drunk or texting you nice things right after a break up, both are situational. Many female friends when drunk tend to be flirty and right after a break up, she likely wanted to feel like someone else cared about her.

Regardless, with her seeing someone at the moment, there is not much you can do at all. Best advice is to keep communication and the friendship, if she becomes available in the future, go for it. But definitely actively date, like someone else said, don't wait around for her.

I got in a situation a few years ago. A girl I was into basically friendzoned me but anytime she had relationship issue, would immediately turn to me to vent and be comforted. I stalled my dating life for 4-5 months over her thinking her relationship was coming to an end and she was into me. It never happened. Still good friends with this girl today, but she never wanted to as anything other than a best friend.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah good advice.

Tbf she defo was into me at one point. (That thing with her best mate was weird, I accidentally saw on her phone she took a sideshot pic of me and sent it to the girl to confirm it was me, and then her mate came up to me. But she didn't want her mate to come up to me cos she apologised about her mate later on, and her mate said she was saying "leave him alone" on whatsapp during our convo after she took a selfie of us and sent it to her. They obvs were just talking about me on text and not wanting her mate to actually come up to me)

The fact we got drunk at work together alone only that one time about 5 days after she sent me that midnight flirty text (we weren't exactly text friendly at this point for her to do that, despite getting on at work)

And the fact we got drunk at work together literally an hour after I told her that story about those two who did years ago and might've had drunk sex at work. (She referred to them two when we were drinking...looking for an opening surely. She even said "hitcher let's have some fun" which I told her an hour before... that the girl said it to that guy) but I literally said nothing back and ignored her lol.

And I've asked her if she wants to get drunk together again at work since many times and she's always refused (cos I showed no interest that time, but she thought I would've that time. So sees no point to get drunk at work again)

But all moot anyway, after I showed no interest she's moved on.

Shame really cos I LOVE HER now, we literally can talk non stop at work for 8 hours. Chemistry like anything, a few people have even said if somethings going on.

WHY DIDN'T I REALISE THIS BEFORE. :(

Edited by Hitcher
  • Like 1

Based on what you just said, absolutely no doubt in my mind she had feelings for you in the past, especially when she got drunk with you after you brought up that whole thing.

Definitely the chemistry is still there and she obviously wants you around as a good friend at the very least.

I know what you mean, why didn't you realize it in the past? Its got to be painful now with her being in a relationship yet you have feelings. Its an awful feeling, honestly just reading what you wrote brings back the feelings I had for the girl I posted about. It hurts, no doubt. She is still with the same guy, and its two years from when that was going on. So I'd still be waiting around for her. I regret stalling dating for that 4-5 month period. Especially since there was a chick that was into me and I blew her off a few times to hang out with the other girl. So if anything, please actively date. Meeting and dating someone else is the only thing that got me to move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Based on what you just said, absolutely no doubt in my mind she had feelings for you in the past, especially when she got drunk with you after you brought up that whole thing.

Definitely the chemistry is still there and she obviously wants you around as a good friend at the very least.

I know what you mean, why didn't you realize it in the past? Its got to be painful now with her being in a relationship yet you have feelings. Its an awful feeling, honestly just reading what you wrote brings back the feelings I had for the girl I posted about. It hurts, no doubt. She is still with the same guy, and its two years from when that was going on. So I'd still be waiting around for her. I regret stalling dating for that 4-5 month period. Especially since there was a chick that was into me and I blew her off a few times to hang out with the other girl. So if anything, please actively date. Meeting and dating someone else is the only thing that got me to move on.

Yep, awful feeling, real awful. Makes it worse we get on so well...Knowing that she was surely into me and then her sending me that I love you text just got me thinking.

Whenever she brings up her bloke, I either change the subject lol or don't follow through with the convo. She must be getting suspicious about why the hell I'm acting so weird.

But I'm not gonna fake interest in her guy when I have such strong feelings atm that don't seem to go away and also seeing each other everyday for 8 bloody hours isn't helping ffs! Especially since we work next to each other! :(

Dunno why I didn't realise before, I was seeing some other girl and thought it was going somewhere. In hindsight she was bloody annoying and some awful traits.

But yeah I won't get hung up, I won't wait. Just needed a place to vent lol. This seemed a good place and has helped tbf.

rainrhonda

In the context she used the L word it was definitely not a confession, more like an expression of appreciation, for your friendship. But that alone doesn't say whether she is into you or not into you. Only way to know is to ask. Not an easy thing to do, but if you want to know just ask. To just analyze everything instead will make ya crazy.