Not interested or playing games?

strawberry17

I posted here a few days ago asking about one of my guy friends asking me to go over to his place after a night out when we were quite drunk.

Basically, we have always had some chemistry ever since we met (I am 22 and he is 23) but I wasn't sure whether he fancied me even though I knew he found me attractive. Even though he was quite drunk, he asked me if I wanted to go over to his place after a night out. I should note that even though we are friends I don't usually go over to his place (I have been there once to pick him up) and we are definitely not best friends in order for me to spend the night at his apartment. I declined, of course, as I didn't want to get into any uncomfortable situations.

After that, something changed noticeably in our interactions and in the way we look at each other, but he suddenly started mentioning other people and trying to gauge whether I was interested in any common male friends we have, asking what my type is etc. He also was telling me hypothetically about girls he could be with, which I thought might have been a stupid mind game so I ignored it, and this is where I might have gone wrong about it, I even encouraged him. His jokes about me getting with someone were getting quite annoying, as if he was wanting me to say I wasn't interested 1000 times. Yesterday we met up for a coffee as we usually do and he randomly mentioned he slept with someone. I have to admit, I was quite hurt as we got closer after that night and more flirty but I guess I did send him mixed signals by appearing not to be bothered by him mentioning other girls. Is he just playing mind games and trying to make me jealous or was I reading into things and he is actually not interested? I don't know why he would randomly mention sleeping with someone casually; it was information I didn't have to know.

Edited by strawberry17

Basically, we have always had some chemistry ever since we met (I am 22 and he is 23) but I wasn't sure whether he fancied me even though I knew he found me attractive. Even though he was quite drunk, he asked me if I wanted to go over to his place after a night out. I should note that even though we are friends I don't usually go over to his place (I have been there once to pick him up) and we are definitely not best friends in order for me to spend the night at his apartment. I declined, of course, as I didn't want to get into any uncomfortable situations.

After that, something changed noticeably in our interactions and in the way we look at each other, but he suddenly started mentioning other people and trying to gauge whether I was interested in any common male friends we have, asking what my type is etc. He also was telling me hypothetically about girls he could be with, which I thought might have been a stupid mind game so I ignored it, and this is where I might have gone wrong about it, I even encouraged him. His jokes about me getting with someone were getting quite annoying, as if he was wanting me to say I wasn't interested 1000 times. Yesterday we met up for a coffee as we usually do and he randomly mentioned he slept with someone. I have to admit, I was quite hurt as we got closer after that night and more flirty but I guess I did send him mixed signals by appearing not to be bothered by him mentioning other girls. Is he just playing mind games and trying to make me jealous or was I reading into things and he is actually not interested? I don't know why he would randomly mention sleeping with someone casually; it was information I didn't have to know.

I think the night he was drunk and asked you to spend the night was a booty call. Once he sobered up he realized he crossed the friend line and tried to set it back so he brought up other guys you should see and girls who he was interested in. At coffee telling you he slept with another girl was his way of confirming that you two are just friends.