Should i ask her out ?

Hi

Im confused and don't really know what to do, there is a woman which i know for 10 years she is 30years old and Im 20.

And here is my question do you guys think i should ask her out ? she is really pretty I just feel good and happy when im around her.

I do understand the difference in our age and when i say ask her out i mean like for a dinner to have some time for ourselves but just dont know if asking her out is appropriate because of the difference in our age.

And please give me some tips/ideas how and where I should ask her out and how to explain to her that i like her.

Thank you for your time and tips ;)

Edited by Tiptop96
Spelling mistakes

No I don't think you should ask her out. When you met you were 10 & she was 20. At best she sees you as a kid brother. If you ask, when she says no, it will hurt your feelings & things will get awkward.

• Like 1

You're not giving us much to work with but why not? I'm assuming that there is some mutual attraction. A 10 year age difference should not pose a problem.

I think your relationship is already set in stone because she knew you as a child. If you were just now meeting her, I'd say, fine ask her out, but she will probably just view you as a little boy still.

• Author

I do understand what you guys mean but we do see each other every few weeks like at party's obviously we do dance together ;) or we go to the beach with our friends and since i got older i noticed that she looks at me in a diffrent way, so maybe she dose like me because maybe she feels not sure if thats the right description but 'safer' because of how long she knows me for. Like its better to go out with someone who you know for years then with someone that you just meet

Well thats just my way of looking at it ;)

You are looking at this your way -- saying that she looks at you differently now -- because you like her & you want to ask her out. I'm sure she is fond of you but in a sweet platonic way not in a romantic way. It's highly unlikely to me that she sees you as an equal or that she ever will.

Before you ask her out if you remain insistent upon trying, ask her if she sees you as an adult or if she thinks of you as a kid brother. Unless her answer is resoundingly sexy don't ask her out. You won't like the result & you will drive her out of your life.

You are looking at this your way -- saying that she looks at you differently now -- because you like her & you want to ask her out. I'm sure she is fond of you but in a sweet platonic way not in a romantic way. It's highly unlikely to me that she sees you as an equal or that she ever will.

Before you ask her out if you remain insistent upon trying, ask her if she sees you as an adult or if she thinks of you as a kid brother. Unless her answer is resoundingly sexy don't ask her out. You won't like the result & you will drive her out of your life.

Not sure the point of pissing in this guy's cornflakes?

Hell yeah ask her out! What's the worst that can happen? She says no?

Although I may not be up to date on current law, when last I checked a man can ask a woman out with no threat of jail time.

As you are both adults there is no wrong doing.

Not to mention, she would likely have fun teaching you some stuff.

Not sure the point of pissing in this guy's cornflakes?

Hell yeah ask her out! What's the worst that can happen? She says no?

Not to mention, she would likely have fun teaching you some stuff.

I'm not trying to "piss in this guy's cornflakes." He asked for opinions about whether he should ask out a woman he has known since he was 10 years old. My opinion is that he should not because it's more likely than not that he will get shot down and it will ruin his relationship with this woman. After he asks & she says no, she will go out of her way to avoid him. It will be horribly awkward. Worst case scenario she will laugh in his face. I do not see a realistic expectation that she will say yes. He's the kid brother tag along not a man in her eyes.

Most woman do not want to play teacher. Cougars are more rare then you think & Mrs. Robinson is a male fantasy. Women want somebody who makes them feel sexy; when a woman has to take the lead role in romance most don't like that.

Life stage is also very important. More so then age. A 20 year old is at a vastly different place then a 30 year old -- just beginning vs. established. It won't work.

OP, ask her out at your own peril. I think she will say no & you will end up feeling worse then before you asked.

Usually I am one that encourages people to "go for it" because romance takes risk, but those are calculated risks. This has a high probability of failure.

I'm not trying to "piss in this guy's cornflakes." He asked for opinions about whether he should ask out a woman he has known since he was 10 years old. My opinion is that he should not because it's more likely than not that he will get shot down and it will ruin his relationship with this woman. After he asks & she says no, she will go out of her way to avoid him. It will be horribly awkward. Worst case scenario she will laugh in his face. I do not see a realistic expectation that she will say yes. He's the kid brother tag along not a man in her eyes.

Most woman do not want to play teacher. Cougars are more rare then you think & Mrs. Robinson is a male fantasy. Women want somebody who makes them feel sexy; when a woman has to take the lead role in romance most don't like that.

Life stage is also very important. More so then age. A 20 year old is at a vastly different place then a 30 year old -- just beginning vs. established. It won't work.

OP, ask her out at your own peril. I think she will say no & you will end up feeling worse then before you asked.

Usually I am one that encourages people to "go for it" because romance takes risk, but those are calculated risks. This has a high probability of failure.

The OP likes her and any "friendship" they may have is a farce. He can't be friends with her when he is sexually attracted to her so I don't buy into the thought that he is ruining anything.

I've never been attracted to older women (I remember when I used to think 30 was old and gross and now I would love to have one at that age because it is so young lol).

If you look at dating sites or ask women, many of them have gone out with guys who were younger so the "cougar" thing is a thing. Many of the women I've dated have said that they went out with significantly younger guys at some point.

Will this be forever? Hell no. He's 20 - there is no future. But it can be a learning experience regardless what happens. Even if he gets shot down that's a good thing - because he had the balls to try.

The only time you fail in life is when you don't try. Getting rejected is not a failure at all.