Thoughts or Insights on a FWB into Relationship

Blastoplast

I'm 32, she's 24. We were casually hooking up last fall after I got out of a long-term relationship of about 2 years. We were hot and cold for a few months, and even tried dating for a short while -- but we amicably split. We decided we didn't have enough in common and then that being in different places in life (age difference) maybe it just wouldn't work. I honestly went along with it because I just wasn't feeling that spark and I wasn't too attached.

A few months passed and we barely kept in touch, outside of an occasional text or seeing each other out. However, recently we've been in contact more. She's called me a few times and we've gone out together a few times and even hooked up. It just feels different this time. There's a spark there that wasn't there before, and I can feel it and see it from her too. She's even brought up doing activities together over the Summer, which I found interesting.

Now I find myself thinking about her quite a bit. The first time after we had hooked up again recently I had trouble saying goodbye, she did too. I like so much about her personality, her attitude towards life and just the way she carries herself -- not to mention the amazing sex. I have a gut feeling she feels the same about me, but might have hang-ups on giving us another chance... It didn't work out the first time and I feel like I might have rushed into a relationship when I wasn't quite ready, which I definitely regret right now.

We have plans to get together soon for a dinner / date night and I want to tell her how I feel. I just want any thoughts or opinions on this from other people who might have similar experiences.