I can't read this woman

So there is this co-worker I have. She's a single woman with two kids, much older than me. She is very affectionate and kind towards me. She has also made it clear that is very fond of me, having called me cute, gorgeous, feeling on my muscles and giving me a couple of hugs. However, she is very kind towards others too, including men. It's hard to read her sometimes. The other day when she was joking about me taking her to a restaurant, I brought up what would happen if anyone from work would see us. She responded saying they would probably joke about us having sex and stuff, which kind of surprised me. I don't know what that means in terms of her intentions/what she thinks of me. I do like her though. I don't want to do anything that would make things awkward or make her feel uncomfortable. We wouldn't be morally doing anything wrong because we're both single and of legal age. If I were to flirt with her, I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or anything. Like I said, while there are many signs that she digs me, even if just aesthetically, it's hard to read her. She is very loving/kind towards other guys as well but I don't know if to the same extent as I am, in terms of sexually attraction. Shes kind to them but I don't know if necessarily she complements them on their looks and what not. But I am falling for her. What should I do? Like I'm open to things going further (sexually or more romantically) but I fear that ultimately I might've just been getting too ahead of myself on her attractions towards me.

Please give a detailed response on what you think is going on, as well as what I should do going forward

She digs you, ask her out before she labels you as a whimp.

Other than dropping to her knees and giving you a bj I'm not sure what else she can do to express her interest.

Just ask her out "Hey, I'd love to take you out - when are you free to get together?"

Simple. If for some strange reason she doesn't want to go (sounds like that won't happen) just say "No problem!"

• Like 1

You know about the whole don't crap where you eat saying right?

If you DO date her, and things go badly - how will that affect your job / workplace? That would be my first concern.

Do you want a relationship with an older single mom of two?

First I would consider how this could potentially affect your career. Then I would think about what type of relationship you are looking for. If work isn't an issue, and you think she would fit the bill, then persue.

• Author
You know about the whole don't crap where you eat saying right?

If you DO date her, and things go badly - how will that affect your job / workplace? That would be my first concern.

Do you want a relationship with an older single mom of two?

First I would consider how this could potentially affect your career. Then I would think about what type of relationship you are looking for. If work isn't an issue, and you think she would fit the bill, then persue.

It wouldn't be such a big deal. We get along pretty great. I don't intend on staying at that job in the long term anyway. I'm a college student working there part time while she is there full time. Even if things did go wrong and it would make the workplace awkward, I would probably quit for the better good. I don't need that job; it's just a bit of a way to kill time and earn some extra money. Second, I don't care that she is a mom or that she has kids. Or that she is older than me. I've gotten closer to her than any girl my age, and a lot of girls at my college are too full of themselves/childish. Honestly I feel like I have nothing to lose if pursuing further.

• Author
Would you stop posting and ask her out already?!?!?! :laugh:

Idk. Despite all these signs, there are still a few things that makes me think otherwise. lol

Idk. Despite all these signs, there are still a few things that makes me think otherwise. lol

Your loss dude. Are you that afraid of rejection?

What's the worst she can do? Say no?

• Author
Your loss dude. Are you that afraid of rejection?

What's the worst she can do? Say no?

I have a good relationship with her as friends. If she says no it would make things awkward and I risk losing that friendship with her

It seems that you're afraid of rejection. Why don't you ask her out casually so that if she declined, it wouldn't seem awkward.

See what's on at the movies and choose a film, then ask if she'd like to watch it with you.

"Jane, there's a new movie out and I'd like to take you out to watch it with me". We could have a drink or dinner afterwards.

I'm not a fan of large age gaps, but if it doesn't phase you, why not. I always look to the future and ask what's the long term plan. If you just want some fun, then go ahead. As a long term relationship, there are other considerations.