Does my female roommate want to be more than friends?

Hi there. First post here. I think I might be losing my mind, so I am seeking help.

Here's the story. A friend of a friend moved into the house I'm living in about a year ago. She had come over a few times before to hang out and I knew immediately that I had to ask her out somehow. Over the 3-4 months, I wasn't able to muster up the courage to ask her out before she decided that she needed a new place to live and moved in.

After she moved in, I felt like it was not professional to try to pursue a relationship her, so I backed off. Throughout the year, we practically do everything together. We eat food together almost everyday and hang out all the time at the house. When we're out and about, sometimes people think we are a couple and she is quick to say I'm just a "friend". Friends come over and think that we have something going on.

This girl has even invited me to meet her family on multiple occasions, which I went out of my way to do, and even they were asking if we are a couple. I like this girl a lot and it sucks that I can't say we are together. Her family seems to like me because I went out of my way to give them gifts and am probably better than the other guys she brought around.

She seems to be somewhat attracted to me because she comments on my look or clothes a lot. I also do the same. We went out to a nice dinner and she even did her hair in a way she knew I was crazy about. There's no way a girl would look good for you like that unless she wanted to impress you.

At times I feel like a stand-up comic because there's no hiding how funny she thinks I am. We know how to make each laugh uncontrollably too, which is something I seek for in a relationship. There is definitely some sort of chemistry going on. We tend to even finish each other's sentences or know what the other is thinking. I have never shared a dynamic with anyone like this before and it seems very special. She has even started to get a little more physical with me by playing with my hair, poking/pinching me, and finding any excuse to be by me. I haven't reciprocated much because I'm not sure what her exact motives are. Again, trying to stay professional.

Sometimes I see myself as a "fill-in" boyfriend. It's not exactly a role I like to see myself in. If I pull away from her and try to do my own thing, she seems to get hurt by it at times. She seems to care a lot about me and remembers the details. The other roommates don't get the special attention that I get. I think she doesn't know exactly what she wants.

Fast forward to now and my roommate wants me to go on a vacation with her. This really confuses me. I am not the type of guy to go on trips with female friends. In fact, I would rather it be a girlfriend or my guy friends. There is no way that I could go and not develop more intense feelings for her.

Should I go? What is going on between us?

kiss her. that will give you an answer.

or if you wanna be a wuss about it, go on the trip with her and give yourself blue balls until she makes a move... or doesn't.

• Like 1

Sounds like she's poking on you like a little brother. I just think in all this time if something was going to happen, it would have. If you don't have the nerve to make a move, then you're probably not ready for a girlfriend though. But making a move this far into living together is probably going to backfire. But even if she liked it, most things don't last and you'd be out a roommate. Do either of you date other people?

• Author
kiss her. that will give you an answer.

or if you wanna be a wuss about it, go on the trip with her and give yourself blue balls until she makes a move... or doesn't.

Hmm. I'm not sure I can just go in for a kiss unless the moment is right. I'm thinking that going on this trip could be a good opportunity to show what kind of person I can be.

Sounds like she's poking on you like a little brother. I just think in all this time if something was going to happen, it would have. If you don't have the nerve to make a move, then you're probably not ready for a girlfriend though. But making a move this far into living together is probably going to backfire. But even if she liked it, most things don't last and you'd be out a roommate. Do either of you date other people?

She does have brothers, but I think what we have going on is different. Yes, a lot of time has passed. Maybe, we both are scared to lose our friendship? I feel like our connection has gotten stronger with time. It started off as a crush, but after being with her nearly everyday, my feelings haven't fizzled. Never had a a girlfriend before, so I do have some nerves. I do see a backfire possibility, but I don't have anything to lose. Losing her as a roommate would be a huge weight off my chest. I don't think I could live with her while she's bringing other guys over.

We don't date other people either. That's why I get the feeling she could be into me. My focus is purely on her.

Hmm. I'm not sure I can just go in for a kiss unless the moment is right. I'm thinking that going on this trip could be a good opportunity to show what kind of person I can be.

Wuss! :p

good luck, though.

• Like 1
Wuss! :p

Boy AZN, have to agree. A year and you haven't made a move?

Were it me, I'd do one of two things. Either make my feelings evident and take things to the next level or find another place to live, no way would I want to continue to live in limbo like this. Since this is also keeping you from dating others, not sure why you're choosing to remain stuck. Fortune favors the brave...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1