Falling for a guy friend (I just got out of long term relationship)

Been friends with a guy for more than 5 years now. we met at work. We share a lot of common interests so we hang out a lot - rock concerts, movies, campings and hikings. I was still with my ex (long term and ldr) when we met and just got out of that relationship for 6 months now. This guy friend met my ex once and talked to him on the phone. I kinda feel that he has interests in me because he always asks me to go with him to movies and trips but did not really paid attention because I was committed to my ex bf. When me and my ex broke up, he was there to support me. When he gets drunk, he tells me stuff like "you're perfect the way you are." and strokes my hair. Since I became single, he keeps telling me that I have to find a new bf, get married. Out of the blue, he'll ask quedtions like "what do you look in a guy for a bf?" "Do you have bootycall guys?" "Do you have online dating accounts?" However, another complication: he is mow my boss! So he does all these stuff but he never asked me out just the two us? Actually, he used to ask me to travel with him just the two of us before but I kept saying no because I was in a relationship. Lately, I realized that I am developing feelings for him. We are really great buddies and I won't mind dating him. However, if he still doesn't make a move after all the hints I gave him, I don't know what to do. I'm thinking maybe because he's my boss now or he doesn't want to ruin the friendship. So I need your opinion if should I just wait for him to make the move or should I make the move? I don't want to appear very aggressive here but I had passed a lot of these kind pf opportunities in the past and I'll regret if I let this one pass again. Thank you!

So you date him and then find out all he wants is casual sex and no commitment, and you fall for him and then you break up, what's going to happen to your job? He was feeling you out trying to see if you were looking for a huthband or were down for just booty calls, and that is why I am afraid booty call is what he was hoping for.

Any way to get out from under his supervision? If so and you want to go for it, then ask for a transfer out from under him and then see if you can date him. But if it's a small company and you have to see him every day, only you know if you could handle working for someone you were hurt by or got mad at and also whether you could stand half the other employees losing respect for you and then feeling you are boinking your way up, even if you aren't, because people are rightfully concerned about that type thing.

• Like 1
  • Author
So you date him and then find out all he wants is casual sex and no commitment, and you fall for him and then you break up, what's going to happen to your job? He was feeling you out trying to see if you were looking for a huthband or were down for just booty calls, and that is why I am afraid booty call is what he was hoping for.

Any way to get out from under his supervision? If so and you want to go for it, then ask for a transfer out from under him and then see if you can date him. But if it's a small company and you have to see him every day, only you know if you could handle working for someone you were hurt by or got mad at and also whether you could stand half the other employees losing respect for you and then feeling you are boinking your way up, even if you aren't, because people are rightfully concerned about that type thing.

Thanks! I don't think he's the kind of guy who is just looking for bootycall. Also, it's a small company so yeah it's really complicated.