BF keeps asking if I love him

He keeps asking me this question and wants to hear it from me every day. He also asks it during intimate sexual moments. He used to be married but divorced. do u think its insecurities?

seekingpeaceinlove

Isn't that obvious? Yes, he's insecure for one reason or another. Do you not say it much on your own?

• Author

I don't say it often because I only like saying it when I feel I want to say it. Like I don't like to say lovey dovey words just because. I want to be genuine when I say it.... i wonder what his insecurities are lol

• Like 1

If you do love him - why wouldn't it be genuine every time you said it?

I tell my husband I love him every morning when I leave for work. We often end messages with "I love you".

I don't find saying it often dillutes it, because I always mean it - I have always meant it!

People have different "love languages" his may be words of affirmation.

How often do you tell him without him having to ask? What is his reaction when you say it freely?

• Author
If you do love him - why wouldn't it be genuine every time you said it?

How often do you tell him without him having to ask? What is his reaction when you say it freely?

When I do say it to him, he asks for me to repeat it a second time even. I just feel that saying it should be reserved for the upmost special moments. I guess I express love sexually....but Now I really, really, REALLY want to know what his insecurities might be.

• Like 1

Yes, it's bad insecurities and neediness and I wouldn't be able to handle that. You can't demand someone say "I love you" all the time.

About guys wanting girls who are like that and say things like that all the time, not the guys I knew. Not to say some of them didn't have other ways they sought validation, but anyone with a shred of dignity and/or maturity wouldn't behave like that and would be icked out by constant ooey-gooeyness.

I don't say it often because I only like saying it when I feel I want to say it. Like I don't like to say lovey dovey words just because. I want to be genuine when I say it.... i wonder what his insecurities are lol
He senses that you don't, even though you sometimes say you do. With that one comment alone, I'm with him.

That said, I wouldn't ask you all the time. That's got to be annoying. I'd have more respect for him if you wrote in that he dumped you because you didn't say it enough and he didn't believe you.