could she have had feelings for me all this time

thunderheart57

thunderheart57

We met in 1990. She was popular, attractive and friendly. we became friends. I never thought I was in her league. We would see each other in daily meetings. we would stare at each other while talking to others. I made my move after a year of this. She said we could be friends. I told her it would be too painful to see her with someone else and went away. we saw each other again in 2005. When she saw me she ran towards me and gave a big hug. After talking for almost an hour I tried to apologize for walking away from out friendship and her immediate response was to turn around and run away. I am puzzled by her reaction. why would she react that way? I am writing a love story based on her and I. Any ideas why she may had reacted that way?

Well, you're looking for ideas for free... ;);)

Here's one - She was trapped in a situation in which someone was threatening her life. Until you started apologizing, she took it as a one time meeting, Karma, catching up. When you started to appologize, she realized you wish to be friends again - Which means coming back to her life again, something that can be very dangerous for you.

The man who was threatening her, might have used you to blackmail her. So she was actually protecting you bu running from you. Now she is held in a deserted hut and you're the only one who can save her... You better hurry!

She was wanting light discussion with you, but you started on the deep and meaningful. I'm guessing that she also didn't want to dredge up things from the past which are of no relevance to her today. You probably made her feel awkward. She almost certainly didn't have feelings for you. And you did nothing wrong by refusing her friendship.

If you are using this as a love story, I would imagine the theme is of a man who wasted his life pining for a woman who had no interest in him. Perhaps he could have an epiphany to this effect, move on and made a terrific new life for himself.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 3