Surrogate girlfriend?

Sunnylover21

I think I may have become this guys surrogate girlfriend?

We have known each other for about 2 years, but in the last 3 months have become particularly close. We're on the same sports team so see each other at least once a day at training and then once a day 1:1 at the gym. We go out for dinner regularly and go Christmas tree shopping alone etc. It's at the point everybody thinks we're a couple because of the way we interact with each other.

But the thing is, he's talking to other girls on tinder and tells me about it. He even drunk text me to tell me how many girls he was texting. I just don't understand.

I've developed feelings for him and would like more so don't feel this is healthy. If he was interested in me properly he wouldn't tell me about dates he's been on so obviously isn't romantically bothered. How do I end this situation without destroying our friendship?

I think you need to put more energy into dating others and view this guy as just a friend which is really all he is right now (a guy who is genuinely interested in someone would NOT be discussing other girls he meets on Tinder).

Spend less time with this friend and more time meeting other potential men.

Yeah, you're in the friendzone with him. If he was at all attracted to you, he's have busted a move by now, so he's not. You're not his type. At least he's not hiding it from you. You should be kind to yourself and simply be "too busy" to interact with him much and don't waste time waiting for him. Ain't happening.