I can't understand what he wants

I met this guy through a mutual friend. We ended up hanging out three times, during the last two we ended up going to his place at the end of the night (I really live far away, he lives downtown) and just cuddling and sleeping. We haven't even kissed yet and the communication since then hasn't been very consistent. I also think he 'might' be back with his ex.. the only proof being him liking her pictures on facebook, her liking his statuses (I know, stalker :\). But bear with me, I have not dated and all in 2-3 years or have had bad experiences with those that I have. What do I do? I feel like asking him straight up if he's into someone else might scare him away and might not even let a friendship exist. But then I feel I really like him and catch myself thinking about him often. How does one approach this smartly? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

If he's liking her pictures and stuff, he's not done with her. Probably what the smartest thing to do would be for you to date other people and just see what he does when he's moving at his own speed -- and whether he is ever forthright wit you about is he still involved with her, does he want to be, does he want to date you or is he just killing time.

Usually when men are being covert and not offering up any info, they're juggling or hoping to. Men will also seek out female comfort during and after breakups.

IMO, unless he contacts you a couple days ahead and asks you on a real date, where he picks you up and takes you out, he's luke warm and probably otherwise occupied. So don't put your life on hold. Keep dating other people and don't accept last minute invitations or vague "hangout" invitations that you can't decipher. good luck

• Author

Thank you! I did manage to ask him straight up and he's not looking for a relationship. I am relieved and will hang out with him maybe some other time in life as friends. Right now, just got to work those feelings OUT of me. But thank you for the advice!! :)

• Like 2

I'm glad he was straight with you. But now you know he will kiss and flirt around on his woman, though! But he also did tell the truth to you, so that's good. Just make plans with friends or go do things you like here for a couple of weeks to get him out of your head and you'll be fine!