Moved to a new city and met a great guy

Newcitygirl

Hi all,

I participated in this young adult group and from the start there was a spark with a guy. I'll say we briefly dated. I have not been to the young adult group since we dated short term. I've never been able to be friends with a guy after we've been physical on any level. It's just strange for me. I'm in no place to stop hanging out at this young adult group since I'm pretty new and do not have a social support group here yet. Another reason why I chose to be single since I do not want to fill this loneliness with something.

Any tips to handle this as an adult? I should not have to give up a way to meet people because a guy and I did not work out.

I will be bringing a friend to the next young adult group gathering so I can feel comfortable about being there at least.

• Author
Train yourself to just smile and then always just be polite to him but don't try to talk one on one with him. He'll get the idea.

A bunch of guys invited my friend and myself to play an arcade that required 10 people. My friend said could tell the new guys were into me. The guy looked annoyed that 8 or so other guys were flirting with me. But he said I could talk to other guys in the group since we weren't dating. I don't get why he got all pissy.

But he said I could talk to other guys in the group since we weren't dating. I don't get why he got all pissy.

Are you saying the guy you dated briefly said you could talk to other guys in the group since you are no longer dating? Um, news flash...you don't need his permission so don't give him that kind of power. You're a grown woman. You can talk to/hang out with anyone you choose.

• Author
Are you saying the guy you dated briefly said you could talk to other guys in the group since you are no longer dating? Um, news flash...you don't need his permission so don't give him that kind of power. You're a grown woman. You can talk to/hang out with anyone you choose.

I don't get why he got pissy with me talking to other guys, when he said other wise.