Should I check in?

Hello everyone,

I used to be friends with a guy for ages and it eventually ended up being a sexual relationship that didn't work out. Both had baggage at the time and were not particularly interested in a relationship. Basically a friends with benefit that went wrong (like most do :laugh:)

I have not spoken to him for nearly a year. However he attempted to add me on Instagram at 3am the other morning but then deleted the request and blocked me before I could even accept it.

So I think he was checking up on me and accidentally added me, but did not want to make it look like he was which is why he blocked me. Maybe he thinks I hate him, I don't know. Maybe he was drunk. :laugh:

Should I message him? I still care about him and would like to check in.

I don't know.

Things break up for a reason. We somehow think we can go back and give it a try - only to find the same issues that caused the break up first time around.

Unless you want to get back with him don't do it. When things go bad it is hard to be friends.

And, if you want to get back with him, if he is willing, what would be different? Would you be different? Would he?

If you want to think about getting back with him, you could message him. How would you feel if he rejects you? Do you have any idea how he feels now?

It could be emotionally risky but if you accept the consequences I guess it would not be the worst thing in the world to see what's up...

Things that happen at 3 in the morning coming from a man usually just mean he's come home from a bar and didn't get laid and is a bit desperate. I'd just wait and see if he decides to really contact you or not. Not jump at this little thing.

EveryWomanJ2911

Do you genuinely want to get involved with this former friend again? Or are you dealing with some lonliness and a need to be desired by someone? If its the former, really consider what you want out if a relationship, and what you truly believe that your old FWB is capable of in satisfying your needs as a couple.

If its the latter, please remind yourself of what your standards and personal values are for a potential mate. Sometimes we go back to what is familiar because its comfortable, instead of moving forward because it is new, "uncharted" territory. Please be encouraged that you have some time to find a good option for a potential mate, and that it is most likely to be in a new place that you discover a real positive connection, instead of visiting old haunts.

Blessings to You Dear!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Do you genuinely want to get involved with this former friend again? Or are you dealing with some lonliness and a need to be desired by someone? If its the former, really consider what you want out if a relationship, and what you truly believe that your old FWB is capable of in satisfying your needs as a couple.

If its the latter, please remind yourself of what your standards and personal values are for a potential mate. Sometimes we go back to what is familiar because its comfortable, instead of moving forward because it is new, "uncharted" territory. Please be encouraged that you have some time to find a good option for a potential mate, and that it is most likely to be in a new place that you discover a real positive connection, instead of visiting old haunts.

Blessings to You Dear!

Truly agree!