Is this a bad sign about this guy I like?

This guy I like is in my friends circle, let's call him C. Since about 3 weeks we've been texting everyday, flirting, the usual etc.

We've been hanging out continuously for a past few weeks, then today we had a gathering at a friends and he said he wouldn't be able to make it but he would try to pass by if I was going. So I asked him if he was dropping by and he said he can't make it? Now my friends are like he he isn't into you if he wouldn't go out of the way to see you?

Any advice?

ExpatInItaly

Your friends are a tad dramatic and quick to jump to conclusions. I'm guessing they're quite young?

Perhaps he has a totally legitimate reason for not being able to come. He warned you in advance he might not be able to make it, in fact.

Relax. See if he initiates another meet-up.

• Like 4
Space Ritual
This guy I like is in my friends circle, let's call him C. Since about 3 weeks we've been texting everyday, flirting, the usual etc.

We've been hanging out continuously for a past few weeks, then today we had a gathering at a friends and he said he wouldn't be able to make it but he would try to pass by if I was going. So I asked him if he was dropping by and he said he can't make it? Now my friends are like he he isn't into you if he wouldn't go out of the way to see you?

Any advice?

Yes,

Maybe he couldn't make it due to an obligation. Don't look for fire where there is no smoke. And tell your friends to stop watching Teen Angst shows on the CW...it will turn their brains to mush

mortensorchid

See what happens. If he shows he's interested (at least a bit), and if not then he's not.

See what happens. If he shows he's interested (at least a bit), and if not then he's not.

This ^^^

Or, maybe your friends know something but are not telling you. If multiple friends have said the same thing separately to you then keep it in your memory banks.

Wait it out and see for yourself.

Your own gut instinct will tell you - whether you listen to it and act upon it is a different case entirely.

• Author

Well he did message me after saying sorry he couldn't make it and I decided not to act petty so I just acted cook and asked him if he enjoyed.

I need a sure way to find out if he's into me though

staggerlee71

Id say you have an answer. He messaged you saying he was sorry. Id say that he is being a gentleman and communicating that he likes you and doesn't want you to feel he is blowing you off.

BTW, it been 3 weeks? is that right? You have a long haul of anxiety ahead of you if your not just enjoying time with him when you can meet. The depth of emotion will only increase as the relationship grows. I suggest you start to think about how you want to communicate your feeling and needs because surmising and speculating a possible negative with this action will not be good when you are invested 10 fold.

Oh, there is never a sure fire way to know he is 100% into you. Not now, not ever. You increase or decrease that percentage by how you communicate going forward.

Godspeed!! enjoy the ride

• Author

Hey guys

I've been talking to this guy for about 3 weeks now, we chat everyday, flirt and the works. I think he likes me and so do my friends. But there are things that make me question.

He's been a friend for a long time but only just recently did we start the talking and flirtING.

My best friend says I should go ahead and tell him, but I don't want to come off as needy and awkward.

How would I tell him and sound good doing it, not overbearing.

Any advice?

No need to say anything. When you spend time with him, use physical contact instead. Linger a bit when you hug him. Touch him more than you normally would. Compliment him. That sort of thing. Much better than just clumsily telling him you dig him.

Enigma is right, show don't tell

Enigma is right. For some reason, telling a person just comes off as desperate and unattractive and it's embarrassing for both parties. It's too intimate to be done early on. But showing someone by continuing the little flirting and touching their hand or arm and just acting like you're not afraid of touch will encourage him to take more initiative if he's at all ready for dating a woman. If it doesn't, he's probably not ready.

But sounds like you're both flirting, and that's all you should do. Don't go telling him how much you lurrrrvvve him when you really don't even know the guy yet. You might really regret it if you find out he's got some tick you can't live with.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Recently this Guy and I have been texting back and forth, he's an old friend. But lately its become more flirty, more touchy and to the point people have noticed.

So he recently stopped using his current number and used a temporary one stating problems with it and today I joked with him about not knowing which number to text as they both didn't have pictures on whatsapp. He said alright now they both do, so his original one had a picture of him alone and the temp one had a picture of the both of us. He then told me me he found a good pic of both of us and he put it up there.

As any normal person would be I was happy about it. An hour later I noticed he took the picture down.

So I don't know what this means, I'm annoyed honestly. I don't know how to react.

What do you guys think?

Recently this Guy and I have been texting back and forth, he's an old friend. But lately its become more flirty, more touchy and to the point people have noticed.

So he recently stopped using his current number and used a temporary one stating problems with it and today I joked with him about not knowing which number to text as they both didn't have pictures on whatsapp. He said alright now they both do, so his original one had a picture of him alone and the temp one had a picture of the both of us. He then told me me he found a good pic of both of us and he put it up there.

As any normal person would be I was happy about it. An hour later I noticed he took the picture down.

So I don't know what this means, I'm annoyed honestly. I don't know how to react.

What do you guys think?

It might not mean anything. The question is, are you guys going out on dates or is this just texting? If it's just texting, don't invest too much of yourself into it.

• Author

This guy and I have been texting everday and going out together and with groups of friends. Lately he's not been attending any of the group outings and even his chats are not like they used to be. We still talk daily in some form or the other. He said that he's having some work issues and once they are cleared he will be back to normal. He always used to initiate our chats before.

question is, do I back off and give him space or should I initiate the conversations now and keeping checking up on him?

What do you guys think.

Thanks.