From friends to lovers.

Midnight_Madness

Midnight_Madness

Hi,

I have been receiving a lot of male interest lately, both sexual and romantic, from not one but a few of my male friends. I'm not sure any of them truly mean anything by it but I know the offer of sex is certainly on the table if I wish to pursue it.

I have been single a fair while and struggle with picking up and acting on signals of interest. Okay so maybe I do pick up on the signs but I struggle to understand what they mean.

I'm not sure if I laugh off my male friends comments and compliments because I don't like them in that way or because I simply don't know how to react otherwise. This is the same with other men I have met and could be interested in romantically.

Questions; -What signs are there that a friend could be interested in dating you?

-What signs do men give off, in general, when interested in dating

you?

StalwartMind

If someone wants to spend time with you, that's typically a good base indicator of them wanting to have something to do with you. Whether that is something romantic, sexual, casual or otherwise is entirely up to you to figure out.

Your own preference, patience and approach will determine your chance of success with anything in life. If you prefer to base your life/relationship on trying to read signs, then by all means do that. I highly encourage being more direct and honest about your interest, and no that doesn't mean you have to open up about everything from the get go, but do treat someone as you wish to be treated yourself.

Before you even get involved with anything I'd strongly recommend you figure yourself out in regards to what you want and how you feel about things. This also makes it easier for any potential to know where they have you and what to expect of you. Sure you can also go the route of experimentation and just see where that leads you, again all this depends on what you want.

All of us attract attention in one way or another, it's your responsibility to ensure that you find someone/something which is right for you. If you want to understand others, then you need to make an effort and invest yourself. Don't assume or hope for others to do things, but rather be direct and indicate where your interest is. Think of it this way, the less time you spend beating around the bush, the more you save your own and his time, especially because some people can lead others on forever, purely because they do love the attention but not the person.

Also don't be afraid to fail and/or get rejected, we all screw up, miss opportunities, etc. Find someone you feel is right for you and get to know them and always communicate, I can't emphasize that enough. Any healthy interaction always have both parts being willing and able to communicate with great comfort :)

• Author
Midnight_Madness

Hi,

Thank you for your reply @stalwartmind. You've made some very good points in your message which I will undoubtedly read through again from time to time ☺.

Edited by Midnight_Madness