Did I make a mistake?

Hey yall,

It's my first time posting here, because I need some advice. I've been best friend with this girl for about a good 2 years now. I was into her since the day we met, literally. I kind of asked her out once but she turned me down and said were too good of friends to take it anywhere more serious. I respected that and agreed. So a few night ago her and I were on vacation for a while (mind, this is all months after we've talked about the above) we were having a very good night at a club, got wasted, grabbed food and went home. Hung out at home with friends for a couple hours until everyone went to bed and we had very good sex. The next morning was kind of awkward, we didn't talk a single word about it until the evening but we only spoke for a good maybe 20 seconds about it, both of us sober and it didn't seem like she was worried about it, but for a few days after I just felt this vibe something was different. On our drive home everything was like it never happened, we were just normal to each other as any other day we hang out. I'm confused. Should we have talked about it? I feel like speaking to her about it almost a week after seems weird. She's my very best friend and I'd hate myself to lose her over something like this but also on the other hand, being with her is all I wanted since we met. What do I do now?

• Like 1

You need to talk to her - although be prepared for her to say that she doesn't want to ruin the friendship and be pushed back into the Friendzone.

If you want to take the relationship further, you could ask her on a Proper Date (elegant dinner, a bit of romancing, NO sexual innuendo) and tell her the best relationships come from those who are already good friends and see how she responds.

• Like 3
  • Author
You need to talk to her - although be prepared for her to say that she doesn't want to ruin the friendship and be pushed back into the Friendzone.

If you want to take the relationship further, you could ask her on a Proper Date (elegant dinner, a bit of romancing, NO sexual innuendo) and tell her the best relationships come from those who are already good friends and see how she responds.

This sounds like a pretty good idea. But I forgot a few things. While on vacation, we stayed at a mutual friends of hers and mine house (she grew up with her, I met her because her boyfriend is a very good friend of mine).

My best friend, the girl mentioned in my previous post, was in a very rough relationship for a few years and told our mutual friend that she knows I'm a good guy and I like her (she told her this the same night) but she wants to figure herself out right now because she's still kinda seeing him, but not really. She's trying to forget him and everything that ever happened between them but he keeps finding ways to get to her (it's kind of a complicated situation between the two). He thinks they're still dating but they're not, and haven't for almost a year.

Now, the difficult part here for me is not the talking part, but to wait & see what comes out of, or to talk to her as soon as I get a chance? This is where I'm confused.

Edited by Fg2fx
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Searching4Love

good one, i couldn't have said it better myself

• Like 1

Sounds like an alcohol induced hook up. That is a bad situation, especially with a good friend...it can ruin relationships.

My best advice is to just be honest with her and expect the same from her. Nothing good ever comes from lies.

• Like 1

I'm sure she's regretting it happened. I certainly hope you didn't do anything inappropriate as far as taking advantage of her when she was really wasted.

• Like 1

I think she's embarrassed about what seems to have been an alcohol facilitated indiscretion.

Take care.

• Like 1