I met a guy on the other side of the country. We like each other but I have to leave

I moved to the west coast for the summer for a internship. I've been here for 2 months. I'm from the east coast. I met this guy online a month ago but we decided to be friends bc he was dating someone at the time. We decided to hang out as friends but I ended up having a really fun time and so did he. We talked every once in a while and then we had another date. He ended things with her but nothing physical has happened.

2 weeks go by and I spent a weekend at his place and I ended up liking him a lot as did he. He told me he really likes me and it seemed like we were on a good page. He talks to his friends, sister, even his barber about me. It's my last week now and a couple days ago we had our last meal- he said he wanted to talk to me about something. aanse asked what I thought about this whole thing and we agreed we both couldn't do Long distance esp since we just met but we really do like each other.

He said he thinks we're great together and he trips up about me getting lost in his thoughts and overthinking about stuff. He thought I thought he was just another guy to me but I really do like him. He says he would love to talk to me and stay in touch, but idk how to go a step backwards and just be friends with him. Ive been feeling emotions that I do if I was in a relationship with him, which I am not but it sucks to when we both like each other but because of circumstance we can't do anything.

We still talk and he calls me babe and all that stuff and it's coming to a close. I'm leaving Saturday morning and he wants to drop me off at the airport but he seems really distant. I can't explain it but something seems different. All I want to do is spend as much time as I can with him but he seems to do the bare minimum. The other day he said I was making him attached and playfully said "stop ittt" bc I have to go. Is he acting like this so its easier to say goodbye ? Or does he just not really care? He says he even puts up a front when he has to but it makes me sad we have to part like this.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
added paragraphs and moved to Friends and Lovers ~6