Could you look at this possible FWB timeline and see what you think?

Frannyandzooey

I met a man who I initially thought would just be a one night stand. I'm happily single but looking for a FWB.

This is the timeline

Met in club, got on well, went back to his for sex. He asked for my number but I didn't give it to him as presumed he was drunk/just being polite. Also I wasn't looking for anything more.

He tracks down my friend on FB and asks her if he can have my number. She asks me and I said yes. This was a Sunday. I didn't hear anything from him for a week.

He text me, general gist being he'd had an amazing night, would i be interested in hooking up the next weekend. I said yes.

Didn't hear from him again after that until the day of hook up when he text to ask if it was still on. We met that night and went back to his, had sex. Unfortunatly he was really drunk and it didn't go well. I ended up leaving early and waiting for my cab outside as he needed to sleep/i didn't want to stay as he was quite drunk/tired.

I haven't heard from him since. This was 3 days ago. I'm quite annoyed that even if it was just casual sex he didn't think to text the next day or so and check I got home ok (given I was stood out in the street for 30 minutes on my own in the middle of the night)

So thats basically it. The initial sex was very good and I was really hoping it might change into a FWB scenario. Do you think i'll hear from him again? I'm not going to text or contact him first. My friend thinks he could be embarrassed as night didn't end well, but is that an excuse to not text the next day and say 'hey, just checking you got home ok?'. Thats rude right?

WhatYouWantToHear
I'm not going to text or contact him first.

Why is that? Is this out of some sort of pride you think you have? You'd rather be in limbo than find out for sure because somehow that makes you look better?

You have the power to find out all the answers to your questions, if you really want to, you know how.

• Author
Frannyandzooey

Good question

I think it's because I don't want to put myself out there and get no reply. On top of him not texting after the other night it would feel like quite a big rejection. If I don't text first then although he didn't text me, I didn't text him either.

In a casual situation, you have to adjust your expectations - you're not friends. Don't define your actions based on what a partner might think. He's not going to check up on you the way a friend would, he probably doesn't care about what's going on in your life. His contacts will be spur of the moment. If you prefer a fwb it's better to seek out a guy that is more friendly, consistent in his behavior and not drinking heavily.