How Does One Start A FWB?

Hey all, so there’s a girl I met at my school this past semester through mutual friends who all hangout together. She was super flirty when we first met it actually shocked me since id never been hit on by a girl lol. So she got my number and we talked for a bit but nothing really came out of it cause at the time I was interested in another girl and I was also more interested in perusing a relationship rather than hooking up. This was back in February but we have become friends since. She dated one guy for a short bit but they broke up and said she liked being single.

Anyways, as ive gotten to know her better ive started to like her more and have been contemplating trying to set up a FWB with her. I think she’d be into it and I would be too until I found something more serious. I just have no idea how you start it and bring it up in a conversation, especially since im kinda shy. If anyone with some experience in this kind of stuff could give some advice that would be great, thanks!

Just be direct. If she's a FWB you don't really have to worry about not coming off like a sex fiend like you might w/a potential GF, so no reason not to just put it out there. You're not romancing your future wife, you're bscly just propositioning a maybe sex partner. You could even just say "wanna f***?" if she's not particularly couth. ;)

• Like 1
RecentChange

Well, have you even made out with her?

In my experience the FWB talk comes up when either you have already had sex (and its a where do we go from here discussion) or both are just, beyond ready to have sex, climbing the walls for it :) -but want to clarify some things first.

And its more of a talk about okay, we are super attracted to each other, and want to have sex, but know we do not want to be a couple for various reasons - and then some guidelines are set.

And it's not for everyone, takes a level of mental and sexual maturity. Both have to be willing and able to keep their emotions under wraps other wise it ends up in hard feelings.

• Like 2

In my experience the FWB talk comes up when either you have already had sex (and its a where do we go from here discussion) or both are just, beyond ready to have sex, climbing the walls for it :) -but want to clarify some things first.

And its more of a talk about okay, we are super attracted to each other, and want to have sex, but know we do not want to be a couple for various reasons - and then some guidelines are set.

And it's not for everyone, takes a level of mental and sexual maturity. Both have to be willing and able to keep their emotions under wraps other wise it ends up in hard feelings.

Right.

It helps to be already having sex and be good friends. Then, it's just a discussion about in what form the relationship will continue.

And, as RecentChange said, it requires a certain level of maturity to pull off successfully.

• Like 1
  • Author
Just be direct. If she's a FWB you don't really have to worry about not coming off like a sex fiend like you might w/a potential GF, so no reason not to just put it out there. You're not romancing your future wife, you're bscly just propositioning a maybe sex partner. You could even just say "wanna f***?" if she's not particularly couth. ;)

Yeah she was quite direct and to the point when we first met so that would probably work with her, ill try to do that

• Author

Oh okay, yeah we haven’t made out or anything, I know she wanted to but it was me that didn’t really want to at the time and then that guy asked her out so we just ended up being friends. I guess I’ll see what happens the next time we’re together and if we do have sex, talk about it. I like to think that I, at least would able to handle my emotions haha, don’t really see her as a GF but who knows

• 3 weeks later...

There was this girl i met online once . We went on a movie date. In the car she goes " lets be friends, with benefits "

right there and then, no feelings , no attachments. i went to her place every other night to bang the **** outt her . it lasted for 2 years . it was great !

I startted to notice she started to get feelings for me too but i didnt want to be with her . the sex was absolutely mind boggling.

It ended cuz she moved back to asia and she got pregnant.

What i respected about it was she was up front about it / Not once did i break down and start talking about emotions and sappy stuff.

I guess when you lay it out on the table like that theres an understanding and i honestly will say that i appreciated it that she was honest.

The last relationship i had where I wanted to be with her pretty much just wanted to F ... she didnt approach it the way my old FWB did ... and look where it got me ... i was a mess for an entire year