That thin line...

red.velvet

A good friend of mine, everyone thinks we have dated/slept together.. Etc. because of the chemistry.

I've liked him before, I never said anything, he preferred to pick up girls and hook up. Which is ok, but a turn off for me, so the feelings left.

Now, a year later, he calls me randomly, says he wants to meet up for dinner, that he will be in my area. He also wants me to meet his sisters.

He is an hour commute away from me. Restaurants in his area are waaay better than restaurants in my area, it would make sense having dinner where he is. Although that commute will be an effort from my side.

We have kept contact in the year we haven't seen each other. Checking in on each other here and there.. But this random invite has confused me.

I guess my question here is, should I go for the dinner and meet his sisters?

What do you all think?

Start with just you two in your area and see if it is worth moving forward (with you going to his area).

He said he would be near you so it is best to start slow. Besides, the first time will be more about catching up and not the food, right?

Then if it goes well, you can meet his sisters and move forward.

• Like 1

I tend to nail people on things instead of just wondering what they're up to. I'd say "Meet your sisters? Why? Are we dating now? You in between victims?"

• Like 1

Is there any reason to think he doesn't want to just hook up w/you too?

He just wants to hook up.Since he sleeps around and now he wonders that probably you are the only one who he hasnt had.So he is now trying to lure you in with sisters talk etc.

• Author
red.velvet

I also thought he just wanted to hook up... Since he has tried before and I of course didn't let it happen.

I went, met his sisters and friends, had so much fun... Went home, slept in the same room with him but different beds, and we didn't hook up, he didn't even try.

So maybe he didn't just want to hook up.. Might be naive of me to feel bad for thinking that.

Don't know what he wanted, all I know is that I had a hell of a good time!

How does he talk about the women he hooks up with? Does he talk about them disrespectfully? The reason I ask is because if he does, he may have that double standard issue where the girls he wants to sleep with he regards as promiscuous and unworthy of a relationship and then the ones he respects, he thinks should remain pure and that this is the type he might marry (but then continue to sleep around). Once he does sleep with you, if he does fall into this category (and I can't tell from this small amount of info), then he won't like you as much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
red.velvet
How does he talk about the women he hooks up with? Does he talk about them disrespectfully? The reason I ask is because if he does, he may have that double standard issue where the girls he wants to sleep with he regards as promiscuous and unworthy of a relationship and then the ones he respects, he thinks should remain pure and that this is the type he might marry (but then continue to sleep around). Once he does sleep with you, if he does fall into this category (and I can't tell from this small amount of info), then he won't like you as much.

He doesn't talk about women he sleeps with disrespectfully. He just says that 'they are just for fun' as he is not ready for a relationship. He knows he and I will never sleep together, so, that's not a problem.