I kissed a girl and dont think she liked it

I`ve been hanging out with this girl that I met on tinder a little over a month ago. We hungout a ton of times and we haven't really done much other than talk, hold hands, sometimes put my arm around her. Usually at the end of the night we just hug before she goes back to her house when I drop her off. I am sometimes afraid to make a move because im a bit of a really shy person, and i started to feel like I should have kissed her a long time ago, so last night after we went to see a comedy show, I dropped her off at her house, and instead of going for a hug like we usually do, I just went in for a kiss. She turned her face, it was really awkward and didn't really seem interested and after that just said "okay bye, have a good night" and then she went inside and I went home.

I texted her later and explained myself and she said "ya thats fine. Don`t worry about it. I guess im just tired and sleepy." For the record she did wake up really early that morning for work and I picked her up directly after to go to the comedy show with me. I don`t really know what to think about this, i dont know if i am friend-zoned, if she didnt like it,if she doesnt like me, if she was just caught off guard, if she is seeing somebody else, etc. I was going to give it some time and then ask her how she felt about us next time we hung out and whether or not she would want to be in a relationship.

What should I do? and with what happened what does that mean? Was it really just because she was tired or is there something else to it? and also when she didnt really seem to want to kiss, does that mean things aren`t going well?

seekingpeaceinlove

If I really like a guy I would kiss him back..tired or not. I don't think she's all that into you.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

i think that you guys are basically just friends...and that you tried to take it past that....and its not what she expected...as the poster said above ....if you "really"like a guy as more than a friend you kiss him back tired or not...especially after a month of seeing each other regularly....she isnt willing it seems to take it further than what you had...or she just didnt expect you to make a move....why not ask her?...deb

That was a big confidence booster for you wasn't it?

I've had things like that happen to me before. LOL

Yeah, I think the best thing to do is simply ask her and see what she says.

• Like 1
elaine567
I just went in for a kiss. She turned her face, it was really awkward and didn't really seem interested and after that just said "okay bye, have a good night" and then she went inside and I went home.

How old are you two, is it possible she has never been kissed before?

You may have hung out too long before kissing her, sounds like. If you have been recently putting your arm around her and holding hands, though, she shouldn't have kept that up if she didn't want to kiss. Of she's in her teens, though, she might not have known what to do or might have been happy to have a "hands-off" boyfriend if she's really inexperienced. And that's fine, but you need to let her know you want a girlfriend and need to know if she feels that way about you at all or not. Then if not, tell her it's been fun, and move on.