Going from FWB to friends...

Long story short, my FWB and I had a talk about making our connection more friends based and maybe occasionally having sex once in a while 'if it happens'.

We talked and it sounds like we both had thought about pursuing a relationship with the other but had hesitations, his was that he felt 'used' in the beginning and that I didn't value him (I didn't really, the feelings kind of snuck up on me. I'm also super reserved and don't show a lot of emotion in general), and mine was that he seems kind of hung up/too hurt about another fling he had a while ago. He also said he didn't want to 'fall into a relationship' because we had built that habit of hanging out and having sex, etc.

We had sex after this conversation and he was doing things like kissing my neck, etc (which is too romantic for me for a casual connection), and he still texts me almost daily. He texts first, always.

I'm kind of confused. A couple of friends have told me he's playing hard to get/confused himself, but men don't do that do they?

I think he just likes the occasional attention he gets from my texts, and that's starting to build some resentment in me because I was starting to develop some feelings.

Thoughts? Never been in this situation before.

Edited by goldbond

If you want a relationship, look elsewhere. He is too insecure and there is too much baggage already.