Best Friend/Crush

ScentlessApprentice

ScentlessApprentice

I've been friends with this girl at university since September, and we've gotten pretty close. She's definitely my best friend. We literally have the same thoughts at the same time, as odd as that sounds.

Anyways, I've always found her quite attractive but not felt a sort of sexual tension at all. She does have a long term boyfriend as well which I wouldn't want to do anything to ruin.

We spend the majority of our waking time together most days. The problem is, I find myself thinking about her more and more. I just want to wrap my arms around her. But, that's not a possibility. I noticed recently too that I've started to feeling quite protective (translation: jealous) when other guys are approaching her.

Now as much as I'd love it to be a possibility for something to happen. It's not. And I don't think it would be a good idea for me as she can be a bit of a bad influence at times.

So, my question is, how do I persist with a purely platonic friendship? I've never had a friend I've connected with so much so really don't want to lose that.

Oh, also, at the end of this year I will be living with her.

Living with her sounds like a terrible idea...sounds like you need some space.

Sounds like your attraction is growing and living together just sounds ALL bad...

Find a new roommate and make an effort to hang out with other women

• Like 1