See this girl at college every day...

Known her for about a year now, we're both around 20 and I think she's pretty cute. Was thinking of asking for her number .. is that what us young folk are meant to do? If she asks why then I could say 'to send you a picture of course',

I know some PUA is gonna waltz in here, or someone who is a believer in 'eternal friend-zone' telling me to man up or whatever, but I think shes the sort of person that would become uncomfortable if I'm too direct.

If anyone can share experiences they had to either succeed/fail at converting a friend into something more, and what you learnt from it. This may be very helpful to me.

Edited by they

I think what you are planning is fine. While you are chatting offer to buy her a coffee or a pint right them & there, then ask for the number.

PUA is a crock but the two valid points are: You need to have some self confidence and finesse is a good thing. You can't appear to be too random (unless you are cocky enough to pull that off)

Have you been talking to her for a year and no phone number? That seems a little strange to me. I mean, if I'm talking to someone and they're talking back and being friendly, seems only natural you'd have exchanged numbers by now.

• Author
Have you been talking to her for a year and no phone number? That seems a little strange to me. I mean, if I'm talking to someone and they're talking back and being friendly, seems only natural you'd have exchanged numbers by now.

I never had a friend ask for my number tbh. o.O so now that I think about it, it would feel very unnatural to me.

'Finesse' is so not me. lol.

Now I don't know what to do.

Edited by they

Why would you have a friend ask for it? I thought you said you've been knowing her for a year. Again, does that mean you have been talking to her for a year? Or only that you have seen her over and over and think she's pretty?