Basic question about "seeing a girl"

So i met this girl on tinder, we`ve known each other for almost 2 weeks now, we are both in our early/mid 20`s and things have been going great. We`ve seen a few movies together and kissed a few times, i really just wanted to get to know her before i started actually dating her.

Now that we`ve hung out a bunch of times, things are going really smooth and it seems like we both really like each other, is it an okay time for me to ask her to be my girlfriend? this is also something thats simple but always really confused me, cuz like werent we already pretty much dating? i guess we just need to make it official. For some reason it seems weird to me to ask, but should i literally just be like "hey, do you wanna be my girlfriend?" or something like that?

Of course it's OK to ask.

Just specify what GF means to you -- are you looking for an exclusive relationship?

Understand that somebody you met off Tinder may not want that level of commitment.

You HAVE been dating. What about that isn't dating? You've gone out together and you've kissed. You're dating. You might just ask her how she feels about exclusivity. 2 weeks isn't very long to start having that conversation, but many women are more than happy to be exclusive while they're dating. You might say, "How long do you like to date before thinking about being exclusive?" Then you might hear her say anything from "right away" to "I'm also dating other guys." But she can still answer the question.

• Author

I guess what i mean is yeah we basically have been dating. Things are going really smooth and im almost %100 shes not seeing anyone else really, she just moved in to town recently like a few days before we started talking, and we hang out like almost every day, other than that she works and stuff, and idk just from the way we talk i dont think she`s really talking to anyone else.

I guess what why i started this is i feel like we pretty much are already dating and not much would change at all if we actually did start dating. But the only thing is i dont really call her my girlfriend, and i guess i just want to make that official but wasnt really sure what to say or how to say it

thecrucible

You could ask her to introduce you to friends of her, say at a social venue or event and see if she refers to you then as "boyfriend"?