What is a reason why a girl will not offer her phone number?

I met a girl on facebook we have been communicating through facebook messenger ONLY and we have met up in person a couple of times too. We have been talking for a couple of weeks but she has never once hinted at giving me her number even when we are out together. I have mentioned it in passing conversation to her such as 'because i don't have your number' but she never responds giving me the actual number and continues to communicate through facebook only.

This girl is CONSTANTLY pushing me for dates and more meet ups and telling me how she loves everything about our communication and how she is so glad we started talking and stuff like that, but still no offer or mention of a number or asking for mine.

She told me that she practically lives on facebook so maybe that's why? Whenever I've gotten involved with girls in the past first thing we did is swapped numbers.

I only use facebook just to chat with her otherwise I don't bother with it. It would be easier to have her number but i don't want to keep bugging her about it

Have you asked for her number? That wasn't clear from your post.

If you haven't asked, do so.

The next time she pressures you for a date or a meet up tell her you need her phone # first.

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you asked for her number? That wasn't clear from your post.

If you haven't asked, do so.

The next time she pressures you for a date or a meet up tell her you need her phone # first.

I have but I asked it alongside something else which she replied to and then the topic of the number got lost in between us discussing that. But she never directly answered it or replied giving her number.

Then do what I said, next time she asks for a meet, don't agree until you get the number.

If you have met in person, why didn't you get her # then? You can't conduct a relationship through FB

She may be married or otherwise taken and it might be easier for her to sneak out than to hide her phone calls. Can't imagine any other reason there could be.

• Like 1

My first reaction to reading your thread, is that she is already taken, but is clearly looking for fun/dates on the side as well. There is surely no other reason for her not wanting to exchange numbers, unless she doesn't possess a mobile phone, which in modern day society, seems pretty unlikely. If things are going that well with the pair of you, or you feel that it may be going somewhere then you need to man up and just spit it out, rather then just skirting the issue.

• Author
When you go out on a date do you pick her up at her house?

Agree, directly ask for her number.

No we message each other through the facebook and agree to meet at a mutual place

• Author
My first reaction to reading your thread, is that she is already taken, but is clearly looking for fun/dates on the side as well. There is surely no other reason for her not wanting to exchange numbers, unless she doesn't possess a mobile phone, which in modern day society, seems pretty unlikely. If things are going that well with the pair of you, or you feel that it may be going somewhere then you need to man up and just spit it out, rather then just skirting the issue.

She has an iphone and is perpetually using facebook

No we message each other through the facebook and agree to meet at a mutual place

Bad sign that she doesn't want you where she lives.

This is an easy one. She is seeing other guys or has one main boyfriend. She cannot have her phone going off with texts and phone calls if she is in a committed relationship. She only wants to chat with you through an avenue that is relatively private from her other "men". 100% I am right about this.

I have but I asked it alongside something else which she replied to and then the topic of the number got lost in between us discussing that. But she never directly answered it or replied giving her number.

For whatever reason, right now she doesn't feel comfortable giving you her number and finds it easier to communicate through fb messenger. Don't ask her again but you can do is give her your number! ;)

• Author
For whatever reason, right now she doesn't feel comfortable giving you her number and finds it easier to communicate through fb messenger. Don't ask her again but you can do is give her your number! ;)

Yeah I mean it's strange to me because it's so blatantly obvious this woman is into me yet she hasn't brought up exchanging phone numbers at all. She constantly sends me the messages, including 'good night' and 'good morning' through facebook.

Next time we meet I will ask her for the number straight up, or give her mine and tell her to send me hers.

Yeah I mean it's strange to me because it's so blatantly obvious this woman is into me yet she hasn't brought up exchanging phone numbers at all. She constantly sends me the messages, including 'good night' and 'good morning' through facebook.

Next time we meet I will ask her for the number straight up, or give her mine and tell her to send me hers.

For whatever reason? It's strange? I told you the reason. How does that not make perfect sense? Someone who doesn't want their significant other to know about another man WILL NOT give out their number. If I was cheating on my wife I am NOT going to give her my phone number.

Seriously, it's not about the phone number - it's about the remoteness of your interaction. You've been compartmentalized, kept in your own little cage away from the reality of her daily life.

You meet only at a designated places, and she provides only one controlled method of communication.

There is a reality about who she is and who she is hiding you from that you are not allowed to know. You are not alone, There might even be an entire zoo.

• Author

Regarding the last two replies. She lives about 3 streets away from me at the moment at her parents house, I know where the house is. I know plenty about her life. In our meet ups she has told me almost her whole life story while I have told her very little about me

She is not seeing someone else and hasn't been for about 4 months now. This is a grown woman with kids not a teenage girl playing around with a hundred different guys. Yes I'm fairly certain she is not currently involved with someone else. I should point out that even if she was I wouldn't care because let's just say that two can play that game.

and the reason we don't meet at her house is simple: it's not her house, it's her mothers house that she is staying at so it's more respectful to meet half way between especially because where she stays and where i stay is maybe a few streets apart.

Regarding the last two replies. She lives about 3 streets away from me at the moment at her parents house, I know where the house is. I know plenty about her life. In our meet ups she has told me almost her whole life story while I have told her very little about me

She is not seeing someone else and hasn't been for about 4 months now. This is a grown woman with kids not a teenage girl playing around with a hundred different guys. Yes I'm fairly certain she is not currently involved with someone else. I should point out that even if she was I wouldn't care because let's just say that two can play that game.

and the reason we don't meet at her house is simple: it's not her house, it's her mothers house that she is staying at so it's more respectful to meet half way between especially because where she stays and where i stay is maybe a few streets apart.

At best, she is keeping you clear of her children and that is understandable. (Where is the father? BTW)

However, keeping you clear of her parents, or anyone else who frequents that household is a story that you need to read up on. She has kids, no man, and lives with her parents. She didn't land there by making graduate level decisions, and if you feel like you're in the dark about something - you probably are.

I get that this issue bothers you and you want positive reinforcement but, there just isn't any hook (other than the children, or their father) to hang that hat on.