Friendship or relationship signs?

harrywhite818

harrywhite818

Hi all,

The problem i'd like help with is working out whether or not this girl likes me or not. I've known her since high school and were good friends up until i went to University, then we drifted apart. Until about a year ago, when I was out on a friends birthday when i saw her in a club. She was over the moon to see me that night and we shared a passionate moment. Great i thought, but then after speaking to my mates for a bit after the shock had occured, i went to find her again. To my dissappointment, i saw her with another man.

I then went back down to join my friends after the vein of good fortune i thought i'd come across dissappeared, when later in the night she was trying to get me up to dance with her. When the night had finished, she was still all touchy feely with me, and then i got introduced to the other man, who it turns out was her boyfriend!

Just to go back in time a bit. The girl in question isn't one who's been in more beds than both me and you have had hot dinners, as she has only had one other long term boyfriend besides that, as i know people who know her.

But anyway, i got her phone number and after catching up over the past three years that we hadn't seen each other, i got to know these details. The signs that, after meeting up with her on occaisions since then haven't been as intermate as the night were, nor has the night ever been mentioned of what happened.

Now i'm back in my home town and we go out every so often and she's also recently split up with her last boyfriend.

She does make contact with me whilst talking which i believe is a show of affection for somebody, but is this just because of the long term friendship that we have shared or does she possibly want more? I don't want to go on all strong on her and bring up a night that happened almost a year ago, but could this be the way forward to find out if the feelings are ment by friendlyness or love?

HELP PLEASE!!

If I were you...

I'd try to maintain contact with her and feel her out (verbally, of course:)) for how she feels. But, if she doesn't make equal effort or entertain your contact, then she's just not that into you, and friends it is!

Good luck:)

Andrea

It is definitely worth a shot.

Who knows what she was going through when you guys met up last year? Could have been the issues with the exboyfriend, or it could have been more than that?

Either way there is a friendship and that is great!

I think if I were you the best way to show your interest without being too "out" there is just to plain and simple take her out the next time you two hook up?

Do you guys go out / hang out and do stuff together?

If so, make it a little less casual next time. Without saying anything, just make it like a date....you pick her up, you suggest the activity / restaurant, and you pick up the bill. She'll feel like she is on a date and that's a really good start.

Good luck!

(I have a friend or more? Situation also) :

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t56411/